Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Store owner permissions

Eat Local

Total Posts:  4

I’m planning on one main site which has different stores.  How do I set permissions so each store owner can only see their info?  I understand how to set permissions for users, but am not seeing how to specify that “Farmer Joe” sees only his store and not everyone else’s. 

If there are detailed instructions on setting up multiple stores on one site, feel free to direct me to it.

thanks, Jim

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Web3

Total Posts:  5

Jim, the problem on this is that Magento, strangely enough, doesn’t support this feature. I have been readings everal forum posts and i always see this issue coming back. Apparently the only way to get this working is buidling your own extension. Unfortunately, i have requested some guidance on this form the Magento crew on several occassions, but i havn’t got any response from them.

Maybe there’s anybody out there who has allready found a solution for this problem. If that’s the case, please let us know, we will be very grateful. Hell, i’m even willing to pay for this feature, because without it Magento isn’t very useful for supprting multiple shops run by different owners.

Lars

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community