Has anyone experienced problems with the Inchoo Patch since USPS moved to RateV4 requests?
Does the patch still work ok? We are using Magento CE 18.104.22.168 and are considering installing the inchoo fix for USPS.
I tested the out-of-the-box USPS method using Magento CE 22.214.171.124 and all worked fine, so USPS is still responding to the RateV3 requests that it sends. The Inchoo patch for earlier versions should be fine, at least for now.
SUCCESS! I tried everything and finally decided to call USPS to make sure my access to the production server was active, which it wasn’t even after I got that confirmation. After the phone call you will get an Activation email that reads like this:
Congratulations on completing your testing using the U.S. Postal
Service’s Web Tools Application Program Interfaces (APIs). Your
profile has been updated to allow you access to the Production Servers.
Profiles that are inactive for four years will be permanently deleted
If you have any questions, please contact the USPS Internet Customer Care
Center (ICCC). The ICCC is staffed from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Eastern Time.
Telephone: 1-800-344-7779 (7:00AM to 11:00PM ET)
Thank you for helping the U.S. Postal Service provide new Internet services
to our shipping customers.
The Internet Shipping Solutions Team
I also selected only Express, Priority, and First Class under the allowed methods and changed max weight to 5 just to be sure.
My first mistake was to try to connect to the secure server, rather than the production server. My second mistake was to try to follow the instructions they provided. Basically, you need to combine parts of the testing and production urls to create a working Gateway url.
So starting with the sandbox url you received, replace the word “testing” with “production” and remove the word “test” from the end of the url:
while not wanting to hijack this thread - i’ve tried posting this elsewhere as well.. I have a site in AUD that is shipping goods out of the US to Australia using USPS.
The USPS API sends it’s numbers in USD and these are proudly being displayed on my site However, the site should be displaying these numbers in AUD not USD, but i can’t for the life of me seem to find out where to make the checkout/shopping cart look to the currency services setup for AUD/USD conversions and take the price correctly in AUD.
Has anyone else tried to get the shipping API’s (for any provider) to display in their local currencies?
IF this isn’t possible, how can i charge the customer two different currencies in the same checkout process? ie, AUD for the service and handling fees etc, then USD for the freight components?
After MANY MANY tries I still cannot get this to work.
So wished this would work so I could ship small items cheaply.
I went through all the steps, read all the posts to no avail.
Would be nice if there was some kind of error log to tell me why it doesn\’t function, it doesn\’t even show as an option for shipping on anything.
Finally got this to work. As stated in other posts the key was to have USPS move you to the production server. Be sure to mention that you use “third part software from Magento” as this is the key to not having to have to show valid tests in your logs at USPS.
Make sure Enabled is set to ‘Yes’ and Mode is set to ‘Live’.
Container should be Variable—I got an error when I tried ‘Rectangular’.
I did pick a subset of “Allowed Methods”; when I selected all of them only 12 showed up (don’t know if this is USPS or Magento filtering).
I’ve tried the full Countries set. The methods of shipment do change based upon domestic and international—I set my ship to address as being in Luxembourg and got only international shipping rates.
I was able to leave the “Maximum Weight” at 70 (another posted claimed it worked only when this was lowered).
Thank you A blessed man for this post I have been working on a clients store for months and could not get it to work, and of course trhe usps support would not help me even though as I told them WE pay their salaries!! anyway I hope you a blessed even more because you made it work for me and my client is happy!!!
Not to revive a dead forum, but I am having trouble with my First Class Shipping.
I have tried everything on the forum and am using 1.7, so I am not sure why it isn\\\’t working. All the other shipping methods pull from USPS, but First Class Shipping is not working. The only changes USPS used was in March 31, 2012. What am I doing wrong?
Could it be the product weight? I changed it to 0.5 under products, but it still does not show up.
I have attached my config.xml, which is standard from Magento
But this was my problem alllllll along. I had copied and pasted the APIs from an email. And my mistake, believe it or not, was that when I pasted it there was a space, one single space, at the end of each address. I had been racking my brain for a week with no resolution is site, KNOWING I had done everything right, and it was as simple as that. Because of that single space, the address was wrong. As soon as I removed the space it worked!!!
Note: this is regarding an account that is already on the production server, not one on a test server. The test server has a slew of other hurdles to overcome which mainly derive from the fact that the test server EXPECTS specific data for it to work. Bypass that completely and go straight to the production server.