Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Stock Availability = “Pre-Order”

netstralogy

Total Posts:  29

In Stock Availability, there are only 2 options, In Stock and Out of Stock.  We would like to add another option “Pre-Order” to let customers know that its available for pre-order. 

I was assuming that I could set this in Manage Attribute but I couldn’t find Stock Availability there.  Is there a way to add this option?  Maybe in the DB itself? What table would the Stock Availability options be?

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Bazz78

Total Posts:  156
Italy

I have a similar issue, we just need to know how to remove the “availability” status from the online product page.

Dealing with custom made product we have different availability times depending on the collection.
Thus we expect two ways:
- we can change the availabity field with more than two statuses
- simply remove the above field and state avability times in the additional product information.

thanks

Luca

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi there,

to enrich your store options with the Pre Order status, please try this extension: http://amasty.com/pre-order.html. With this tool you’ll be able to clearly indicate which products are available for pre order by replacing the Add to Cart button with the Pre Order button. More over, you can also customize a special note informing customers when the product will be in stock and. The note will be displayed on the product and shopping cart page.

The extension enables you:

- easily customize Pre Order button and place it on product and category pages;
- specify any additional notes that will be placed on a product and shopping cart pages (eg. “Available in 14 days")
- create warning messages to remind customers that the product is pre ordered
- easily manage pre orders on the order grid;

Please take a look at the screenshots below to get a better idea of the module’s functionality:

Image Attachments
pre-order-category-page.pngpre-order-configurable-product.pngpre-order-grid-small.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

christinavick
Guru

Total Posts:  355

Hello ,

You can also have a look this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/59428/

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks

iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community