Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Track Customer Referring Links

redpen

Total Posts:  254

Hi all.

It’s important for us to see where customers are coming from.

We currently use a querystring variable (like CUSTSOURCE=GOOGLE) to see where customers are coming from - how would I go about adding such functionality to Magento?

I assume I’d need to create new fields in the database (sales_quote?) but don’t know where to begin code-wise…

Any tips?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

lazzymonk - 17 June 2008 03:28 AM

i think magento integration for Google Analytics which can tell you what you want. but i have never tried it my self.

Wouldn’t be particularly useful, we need to have the source passed through to our accounts package when we export orders, but thanks.

Anyone else?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lazzymonk
Guru

Total Posts:  391
England

i think magento integration for Google Analytics which can tell you what you want. but i have never tried it my self.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Can anyone assist with this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community