Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I restrict product reviews to registered users? 

bozmac

Total Posts:  18

As it stands, the current method of doing product reviews is a nightmare to manage even with moderation. Is it possible to restrict posting reviews for registered users only?

I know it doesn’t prevent the problem of spam bots signing up but if the registration form had some form of bot protection, at least it’ll be safe by inheritance.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bmcinnis

Total Posts:  6
Columbus, Oh

Has anyone figured this out yet?  Even if it’s a slight change to the code.  Any direction would be helpful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

Total Posts:  89

This is a definite problem. With moderation on my site I’m still seeing 20-50 spam reviews a day. It’s a real hassle to delete them. Frankly, I’d be happy just to be be able to completely disable reviews entirely. Disabling reviews in the advanced tab of system configuration only prevents legitimate users from leaving reviews, the code to allow them to be posted is still active, which means S-P-A-M.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

How about integrating an optional CAPTCHA, by default, into all forms that come with Magento? Feature request!

Magento Community
Magento Community

chilll007

Total Posts:  7

System -> Configuration -> (Catalog) Catalog -> Product Reviews -> Allow guests to write reviews -> No

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community