Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

duffywear.com with new design in BETA mode

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

Our new t-shirt store is now 95% finish. Need to do some minor work on the design before I’m 100% happy with it, but would like to share the design with you now to see and comment.

We have also written an extension for integration with the norwegian creditcart-provider BBS so we’ve done quite much work with it.

We have received very much positive feedback from the design so we’ll release the design on a separete webshop to be able to buy for a few bucks as soon as the Virtual Products in Magento is released (hopefully within a month or so). If you want it now you can send me an email at and I’ll send you some details. The price is set to $149.95 for the template in one domain, and $399.95 for the “Developer-license” - where you can use it on as many domains as you want, but not re-sell it. The template works fine in IE, FF, Opera, and Safari.

Check it out: http://beta.duffywear.com/no/tshirts (everything’s in Norwegian)

PS: Also remember to check the images on a certain product (click on the thumbnail-pictures). Cool eh? wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Very well done! Congrats.

Let us know when its live smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

bzsaw

Total Posts:  141

Very nice and clean....

How did you do the zoom in on the products like that?

Best,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

Thanks! I’ve tried to create it so clean and fast-loading as possible, but there will as said be some more tweaks before I release it.

tparsons: I’ve integrated Highslide JS (http://vikjavev.no/highslide/) tightly with the template to show the product-images in a more smooth style without using annoying popups, flash-style, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bzsaw

Total Posts:  141

Thanks for the tip on that....

Magento Community
Magento Community

deansmitty

Total Posts:  132

Very Nice! Love the work!

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Nice work Roy Andre. It makes me want to buy some new T-shirts right away!  wink

Do you have a 100% working payment solution for Norway (and if so, what is the actual cost setting up and using BBS)?
Do you plan to offer this module for sale, or will it be available as a Magento Connect module?
What would you say is the advantage/disadvantage of BBS verus PayPal?

I am glad to see that the norwegian language locale seems to be pretty complete in your webshop (at least the frontend). Do you use the same files that are listed on the Magento Translations page (82,93% ready)? How should I proceed to get the latest available language translation?

During checkout, estimating shipping and charges, it referes to “Noreg”. Maybe Magento can correct this to “Norge”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

norbolig - 18 June 2008 08:17 PM

Nice work Roy Andre. It makes me want to buy some new T-shirts right away!  wink

Heh, well wait until we’ve released the store and replaced with our current OsCommerce-installation. It should be up running in production within a few weeks or so.

Do you have a 100% working payment solution for Norway (and if so, what is the actual cost setting up and using BBS)?

Yes, we had the BBS payment-module tested and fully approved by the BBS-team earlier this week actually. This module is the same as finn.no uses, where the customer is being sent over to BBS’ https-site so that you dont have to think about SSL certificates and all that stuff. The module will however also support full integration with BBS so that the customers can type in creditcard-numbers directly inside the Magento-shop, however this wont be released until over the summer.

Do you plan to offer this module for sale, or will it be available as a Magento Connect module?

As we’ve spent quite an amount of time developing this module so it will be put out for sale as soon as Magento has ready the Virtual products-feature. We will also publish it on Magento Connect later this summer. The module is 100% integrated with Magento, so that when you “Invoice” an “Order” in the Magento-admin then the money will be withdrawn from the customers card, etc.

What would you say is the advantage/disadvantage of BBS verus PayPal?

With PayPal your money will be in PayPal’s account until you release the money. Also redirecting a customer to the PayPal-site often makes the shop seems a little amateurish.

With the BBS-module your customers type in their creditcard-number, exp-date and CCV-number in a fast, easy and more or less professional-looking way. Also the money will be transferred to your bank-account automatically very often. The next day if you want to.

And maybe most important; the BBS-module supports the new norwegian NetAxept-standard, which is the same as the BankAxept on almost all norwegian bank-cards. Both the BankAxept and NetAxept are norwegian standards, which go pass VISA and MasterCard so that you dont have to pay the 2-2,5% fee to VISA/MasterCard if the customer has the popular BankID-chip (which I think 1/3 of all norwegian bank-customers have today). The NetAxept-solution also withdraw the money from the customer and transfer it to your account almost immediately (meaning 1-2 days in the real world).

I am glad to see that the norwegian language locale seems to be pretty complete in your webshop (at least the frontend). Do you use the same files that are listed on the Magento Translations page (82,93% ready)? How should I proceed to get the latest available language translation?

I’m actually the responsible for the norwegian translation wink I have a few more translations I’ve done the last week which I havent uploaded to MagentoCommerce.com yet. I will do a few more translations this week and hopefully be able to upload a more or less 90% finished translation by the end of the weekend. Its mainly some very little used texts in the Admin-panel which isnt finished translated yet.

During checkout, estimating shipping and charges, it referes to “Noreg”. Maybe Magento can correct this to “Norge”.

Sure. The “Noreg"-thing is actually Magento’s own fault, as they though we only had one language in Norway - and that was “Nynorsk” (which prononces “Norge” “Noreg"). This has been fixed in the last update.

Glad you like the design by the way. Ii will be released very soon! grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

ActusMedia

Total Posts:  46
Netherlands, Enschede

Nice design
Well done!

Magento Community
Magento Community

eseller01

Total Posts:  10

Great job Affi, how did you move the links to the top, is it in page.xml, please if you can point me to right direction.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

eseller01 - 24 June 2008 03:50 PM

Great job Affi, how did you move the links to the top, is it in page.xml, please if you can point me to right direction.

I guess you mean the “static links” in the top. I did it the hard way, but also the best way I think. What I did was that I created a CMS-page for each of the “info-pages” and then a Static block where I put those links in. Then I added this Static block in the template (XML) as a new block.

I’m sorry I dont have time to explain it in details right now, but I’ll try to explain in details later this week if you want to. I will release this template on our new Magento-store as a downloadable product as soon as Varien releases the 1.1-version with support for Downloadable products, but let me know if you want it now ($149.95, including PDF with description on how to set up everything).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community