Magento Forum

How to accept payment via Paypal

sbsmatters

Total Posts:  7

Hi, I am a newcomer to Magento and so far really like what I have been testing.  Now I know that this has been asked (probably several times) and I have searched the boards for am answer, but the results that come back seem to conflict.

So the question is - is there an easy way to setup Magento so that we can receive payments via Paypal.  If so are they documented and what type of account is required?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Steve

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TechBundle

Total Posts:  51

Are you wanting to accept credit cards through PayPal, or just funds from PayPal accounts? Do you want to have it integrated within your own website, or have the customer go to PayPal’s website to pay?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sbsmatters

Total Posts:  7

Hi TechBundle,

Firstly, thanks for the swift response.

With regards to accepting payments, both methods are desirable although accepting cards is more of a necessity.

As for whether it is fully integrated or redirects to Paypal then back I’d guess that by fully integrating we would need to purchase and install an SSL certificate?  And presumably integration is more costly?

Thanks,

Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

TechBundle

Total Posts:  51

You have to use PayPal Direct if you want the customer to stay on your website. This means you have to get the Website Payments Pro package from PayPal.

You can accept credit cards through either Website Payments Pro (more expensive) or Website Payments Standard.

I assume both options are easy to get going in Magento, but the only one I can personally vouch for is Website Payments Pro, which a client of ours is using and took no time at all to implement on the Magento side.

We got it working entirely from the Magento configuration without editing any code, but yes, you do need to have an SSL certificate.

You can view the two options at the following URL:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/PaymentSolutions-outside

Magento Community
Magento Community

scottyeah

Total Posts:  25
Murwillumbah, NSW, Australia

Excellent advice, thanks TechBundle.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community