Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to add a ‘more info’ link for specific attributes? 

dstokdyk

Total Posts:  2

I’d like to be able to offer additional information for some product attributes - ideally, to display on the front end next to the specific attribute—but haven’t seen any examples or documentation on how to do that.

In case it’s not clear what I’m looking for from my question above—bear with me while I use the Magento Knowledge Base tutorial on ‘Creating a Configurable Product’ <http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/tutorial-creating-a-configurable-product> to be very specific.

In that tutorial 2 attributes are configured for t-shirts—1) select color and 2) select size.

Let’s say some customers might be confused by the ‘select size’ option. Between the ‘select size’ title and the drop down menu for the options, I’d like to be able to insert a link to provide additional information—most likely a pop-up window that could contain text and images to provide additional information.

Is this possible without customizing Magento today?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

L.O.F. Custom Embroidery

Total Posts:  10

Have you had any luck finding a solution for this?  This is exactly what I am looking for also.

Does anyone have a solution for this?  I am in desperate need of this type of feature. 

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

L.O.F. Custom Embroidery

Total Posts:  10

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I would really like to learn how to do this on my site.  It will improve our website functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Webdesign EU

Total Posts:  2

Hi, I would also like to get a hint on this issue, i guess it should be an extension that gives the option to input a description for a given attribute or just give the freedom to have a link in the attribute title without sanitizing the html’s ‘a href’ syntax.

Any info or hint to a thread that discusses similar modification would be great as I am googling and threadscanning for 2-3 days now.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community