Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

eShop: Mobile Phones

Ziad

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I am looking for a solution that will allow me to have an online mobile phone shop with typical mobile phone eshop functionality. The main things are:

- Contracts with details about contract (length, monthly price, number of free minutes, number of free texts etc)
- Be able to associate phone models with contracts (at different prices i.e. on this contract model x is free, on another contract its £20)
- Offline phones
- Contracts without phone
- Be able to support a workflow of select contract then select phones available on that contract

And other typical ecommerce features such as special offers, payment processing, customer accounts etc.

Does Magento support this out of the box or would I need to do some custom development?

Thanks in advance.

Ziad

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ActusMedia

Total Posts:  46
Netherlands, Enschede

Dear Zlad,

This would be possible with custom development, we have been investigating this option also.
It would require custom coding of an wrapper that calls the magento functions but outputs mobile phone compatible output (html) to the browser.

It is possible but would take lots of effort, perhaps in the nearby future we consider developing such an feature.
The quickest way i would suggest is placing a job message on one of the freelance jobboards online.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ziad

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your reply however I think you have misunderstood my question. I am not interested in producing output for mobile phones. I want to set up a online store where I sell mobile phones. There are some special requirements for this type of an ecommerce site which I mentioned in the first post. If you could check that post again and have any suggestions for a solution then I’d be very grateful to hear them.

Thanks again.

Ziad

ActusMedia - 19 June 2008 06:50 AM

Dear Zlad,

This would be possible with custom development, we have been investigating this option also.
It would require custom coding of an wrapper that calls the magento functions but outputs mobile phone compatible output (html) to the browser.

It is possible but would take lots of effort, perhaps in the nearby future we consider developing such an feature.
The quickest way i would suggest is placing a job message on one of the freelance jobboards online.

Magento Community
Magento Community

miquil

Hi ziad,

Did you find a solution to what you wanted? I have the same question..

Thanks in advance…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community