Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to update a Magento installation

Anand

Total Posts:  23

How can I update a Magento installation? I would like to update to the latest version, 0.6.13110.

I’ve read the post Update Magento To A Newer Version Without Wiping Out The Database? , but it isn’t clear to me how to update it.

I’ve seen a post a little while ago that described how to update a Magento installation, but I can’t find the post anymore. I also couldn’t find this in the documentation or the wiki.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Total Posts:  138
Mexico DF

I have the same question.  I red the same topic and remplacing core-> mage files, but notting happened.  I dont now, but the files has been changing and I download the version 3 minutes after the release of the new version.  In the topic of the post they said that we have to download again.

I will do again and I tell you

PD. Sorry for my english is too bad

Magento Community
Magento Community

petertufan

Total Posts:  93
Ashburn, VA

Hey Guys,

The easy way is basically backing-up the original folder on your server and uploading - unzipping and re-installing it again from the new zip file - at the end when your dbase and your store is ready to go - just overwrite the original Media and Skin folders with your old ones.. you might have to also look back at your /var/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Header.php and make sure the “ ‘Welcome to Magento Demo Store!’ “ is deleted ..
that’s pretty much it .. very easy .. I did it with bothe updates so far and it worked ...

Thanks,

Peter

http://www.asktp.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Database upgrades should happen automatically.

This is achieved using 3 components:
1. db table `core_resource`
2. config path like modules/Mage_Core/version
3. files like Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.6.0-0.6.2.php

Every time configuration cache is created it is validating version of db structure for each module against value in configuration. If it differs it runs necessary ugprade files.

Hope this answers your question.

Magento Community
Magento Community

garnish

Total Posts:  15

When updating Magento, until the full version is released, which files should I backup to make sure I don’t lose my design modifications? All I plan on updating between now and the full release are the design templates and entering products. I just want to make and not lose my progress/modifications with each update.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Mexico DF

i dont know what i did wrong, i reemplace all the items and nothing works. Even my site was erased and a message of “invalid PHP version” appear. I dont know what i did. I have the MYSQL backup but i dont know how I restore my sistem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Mexico DF

My site works again. Just backup your folder media and Skin. Erase and Install again. Your configuration is saved, but you have to put again the media folder and your skin. Try the new version.

Hey: Do you know hoy to change the copyright?

Help Us to Keep Magento Healthy - Report All Bugs (ver. 0.6.13110)
Magento™ is a registered Trademark of Irubin Consulting Inc. DBA Varien. © Copyright 200

I tried to find everywere but i coudnt.

Cya

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anand

Total Posts:  23

How to upgrade Magento has been added to the Knowledge Base:
How to upgrade Magento to a newer preview version ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community