Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Failed to download pear/…

areness

Total Posts:  5

I have just upgraded 1.1. to 1.2 with a full upload because I could not do so with magenta connect. Following the wiki advice ‘magento-core/Mage_Downloader’ gave this error message.

Failed to download pear/Archive_Tar within preferred state “stable”, latest release is version , stability “”, use “channel://pear.php.net/Archive_Tar” to install
Did not download optional dependencies: pear/XML_RPC, use --alldeps to download automatically
pear/PEAR requires package “pear/Archive_Tar” (recommended version 1.3.2)
pear/PEAR can optionally use package “pear/XML_RPC” (version >= 1.4.0)
magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers requires package “pear/PEAR” (version >= 1.6.2)
magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype requires package “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Mage_Downloader requires package “magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype” (version >= 1.0.19700, version <= 1.0.19700)
Install Errors
No valid packages found
PEAR ERROR: install failed

It gives the impression that PEAR is not installed, yet it definitely is. Am I missing something?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

What happens when you change the stability to Beta?

Magento Community
Magento Community

areness

The same!

Failed to download pear/Archive_Tar within preferred state “beta”, latest release is version , stability “”, use “channel://pear.php.net/Archive_Tar” to install
Did not download optional dependencies: pear/XML_RPC, use --alldeps to download automatically
pear/PEAR requires package “pear/Archive_Tar” (recommended version 1.3.2)
pear/PEAR can optionally use package “pear/XML_RPC” (version >= 1.4.0)
magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers requires package “pear/PEAR” (version >= 1.6.2)
magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype requires package “magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers” (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Mage_Downloader requires package “magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype” (version >= 1.0.19700, version <= 1.0.19700)
Install Errors
No valid packages found

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Phoenix, AZ

Do you have SSH access? If you do, try initializing PEAR first:

./pear mage-setup .

If you get an error, try setting the path to PHP:

MAGE_PEAR_PHP_BIN=/usr/local/bin/phpexport MAGE_PEAR_PHP_BIN

You might need to do the second line if you’re still getting errors. Update the path to PHP to whatever it is for you. If you don’t know, run this:

which php

It will output the path for you.

Then run this to upgrade:

./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

Magento Community
Magento Community

areness

Thanks Crucial for your reply. I have only been on my own vps with Vituozzo, cPane/whm for a short time, so SSH is a bit new.

However, I get ./pear: no such file or directory with

./pear mage-setup .

The following gives no error message, just returns to the prompt. The path to PHP is correct according to which php.

MAGE_PEAR_PHP_BIN=/usr/local/bin/phpexport MAGE_PEAR_PHP_BIN

I then I get ./pear: no such file or directory with

./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

Magento Community
Magento Community

areness

OK, I finally got ./pear mage-setup to work by using SSH in magento root folder. (config succeeded

However, ./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest gives the following:

Failed to download pear/Archive_Tar within preferred state "stable"latest release is version stability "", use "channel://pear.php.net/Archive_Tar" to install
Did not download optional dependencies
pear/XML_RPC, use --alldeps to download automatically
pear
/PEAR requires package "pear/Archive_Tar" (recommended version 1.3.2)
pear/PEAR can optionally use package "pear/XML_RPC" (version >= 1.4.0)
magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers requires package "pear/PEAR" (version >= 1.6.2)
magento-core/Lib_Google_Checkout requires package "magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers" (version >= 1.0.18800version <= 1.1excluded versions1.1)
magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules requires package "magento-core/Lib_Google_Checkout" (version >= 1.0.18800.1)
magento-core/Mage_All_Latest requires package "magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules" (version >= 1.0.19870.2version <= 1.1excluded versions1.1)
magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml requires package "magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules" (version >= 1.0.19870.2version <= 1.1excluded versions1.1)
magento-core/Interface_Adminhtml_Default requires package "magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml" (version >= 1.0.19870.2version <= 1.1excluded versions1.1)
magento-core/Interface_Frontend_Default requires package "magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules" (version >= 1.0.19870.1version <= 1.1excluded versions1.1)
magento-core/Interface_Install_Default requires package "magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules" (version >= 1.0.19870.2version <= 1.1excluded versions1.1)
magento-core/Lib_Js_Calendar requires package "magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers" (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype requires package "magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers" (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Lib_Js_Mage requires package "magento-core/Lib_Js_Prototype" (version >= 1.0.19700version <= 1.0.19700)
magento-core/Lib_Js_Ext requires package "magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers" (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Lib_ZF requires package "magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers" (version >= 1.0.18800)
magento-core/Lib_Varien requires package "magento-core/Lib_ZF" (version >= 1.0.19700version <= 1.0.19700)
magento-core/Lib_ZF_Locale requires package "magento-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers" (version >= 1.0.18800)
Install Errors
No valid packages found
PEAR ERROR
install failed

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Phoenix, AZ

I should have mentioned that you would want to run this command from where Magento is installed. There’s a file in there called pear, that’s what’s doing all the magic. It sounds like you have to initialize pear first (and we’ll clear the downloader cache out just in case):

rm -rf downloader/pearlib/cache/* downloader/pearlib/download/*
./pear mage-setup .
./pear install -f magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

You can copy and paste the entire thing into your SSH client, it will run through all the lines except the last one, so you’ll have to hit Enter again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

areness

Many thanks Crucial. That first line did the trick. I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to solve this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fatabbot

Total Posts:  7

I can’t get this to work…
I’m using SSH and navigated to the root directory of magento…
When i type:

./pear mage-setup .

It say that it does not recognize that program or batch file…
Where should this command be executed and why is there ./ in front of it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

fatabbot

Total Posts:  7

On my webserver i had no problems at all installing magento, but now i want to install it on local pc (win xp) and I keep getting this also:

magento-core/Lib_Varien requires PHP extension “curl”
magento-core/Lib_Varien requires PHP extension “mcrypt”
magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules requires package “magento-core/Lib_Varien” (version >= 1.0.19700, version <= 1.0.19700)
magento-core/Mage_All_Latest requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.0.19870.2, version <= 1.1, excluded versions: 1.1)
magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.0.19870.2, version <= 1.1, excluded versions: 1.1)
magento-core/Interface_Adminhtml_Default requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml” (version >= 1.0.19870.2, version <= 1.1, excluded versions: 1.1)
magento-core/Interface_Frontend_Default requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.0.19870.1, version <= 1.1, excluded versions: 1.1)
magento-core/Interface_Install_Default requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.0.19870.2, version <= 1.1, excluded versions: 1.1)
Install Errors
No valid packages found

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Phoenix, AZ

fatabbot - 24 June 2008 01:24 AM

magento-core/Lib_Varien requires PHP extension “curl”
magento-core/Lib_Varien requires PHP extension “mcrypt”

Ask your host to install the cURL and mcrypt extensions for PHP. Might as well upload the PHP file in the following ZIP file and copy and paste the output here too:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/_media/magento-check.zip

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community