Magento Forum

Lightbox 2.03 on Magento 1.0.19870.2

Studio

Total Posts:  17

Has anyone managed to install and get Lightbox working on the latest release of Magento i have followed the tutorial in the wiki area to the letter and still not haing any luck. I know that it works on previous versions of Magento as i have it working on an older site. If anyone has managed this i would be grateful if you could share the changes that were needed

Thanks again

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I believe you must place Lightbox scripts after the prototype in the page.xml page. Since you did an upgrade, it’s likely your lightbox script is gone. You need to put them back where they belong before.

If you want to try out jQuery version, here is a little tutorial I posted - I think it works better, not just it loads faster, but that I keep it out from the page.xml. Initially I did it for no conflict reason but now I see it has benefit for upgradability - that means if you create your theme, it’ won’t get overwritten, though still need to backup the js copy (but you can actually place the lightbox and jquery scripts in your ‘skin/your-theme’.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9607/

Hope this helps!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community