Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Integrating with PayPal express - help required

TrevorGinn

Total Posts:  8

I am trying to integrate PayPal express UK with Magento.

Having worked out that I need to get the API details from my PayPal account, It then transpires that I need to get an API account username to Authorise a third-party to make API calls on your behalf.

It is not clear to me what this would be for Magento.  Is it the same as my API Username, granted by PayPal.  If so that does not work!

Any advice appreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

I need help too.  I have no idea what to enter for the paypal api username, pw, signature, etc....  Is there a tutorial somewhere??

Ive done this on other carts fairly easily, but theyve always told me what to do.

There really should be instructions on the paypal integration page in the magento admin…

thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Try this tutorial: http://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_sandbox.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

the311guy

thanks!  you should add that to the settings section for paypal wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

TrevorGinn

I had a look at the integration centre but it didn’t really help - what I need to know is the Partner’s API username

From the PayPal site - details of how to grant API permissions to a 3rd party e.g. Magento

PayPal offers a mechanism by which one can submit API calls on behalf of someone else’s PayPal account. This is referred to as 3rd party or partner API access.

The steps below show you how to enable this in your PayPal account.

1. Log into your PayPal account, click ‘Profile’ then ‘API Access’ then ‘Grant API Permission’.

Grant API Permission

2. Enter your partner’s API Username in the text field (1) and check the boxes next to whichever API calls you want to authorize the partner to make on your account. Generally, your partner will tell you what checkboxes to select. If you are not sure, you will need to ask them. You could also click on ‘Custom API Authorization’ (2) and enable permissions for specific API calls.

3rd party API access.
3. When you are finished click on ‘Submit’. You will be prompted to confirm this on the following screen. Check it over and if correct, click on ‘Give Permission’. 

confirm 3rd party access.

If the answer is ‘it is the same as your PayPal API username’ then this does not work?

Help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

the311guy

Yeah that didnt actually help since I needed it for the live site, not the testing.  Although I figured it out.  To answer your question, Trevor:

Click Profile

Click API Access

Under “Request API Credentials”, choose “View or remove credentials” to remove a previous one (if you previously made a certificate) or Request new credentials (if you havent yet)

click the API Signature radio bubble and request credentials.

It will then give you your api username, api password and api signature.  This is all unique, none of it is your default stuff.  Enter this info in the Paypal section in your admin.

that should do it

----

-------

that said, i still have some problems and questions:

- On the shopping cart page, if I click the “Checkout with Paypal” button, it directs me to the paypal.com home page.  If I log in, it simply takes me to my paypal admin section.  Shouldnt it take me to a paypal page where I can buy the product?

- Also, using paypal direct, if I enter the wrong billing address and click Place Order, it gives the popup error “Internal Error: Internal Error” instead of telling me my billing address was incorrect.  Is there any way it could give a more specific error message?

any help on these would be appreciated
thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

TrevorGinn

I know how to get the API credentials and enter these into Magento.

What I do not know is how to tell PayPal to allow Magento to access its API.  to do this requires PayPal to be given the Partners API username

If you go to profile > grant API access there are two options - one to get the credentials, and the other to grant API permissions.

I have done th following:

1. Got API credentials from PayPal via my PP account

2. Added this information into Magento

Stage 3 would then be to add Magento’s API username into PayPal. It is unclear to me whether Magento’s API username is the same as thje API username given to me as a component of my PP API credentials or whether this is different.  I have tried to enter the user name for my API credentials, but this did not work.

Currently when using PayPal express, it directs to the paypal logon screen, which means it is not working.

In summary I need to know the following

1. Magento’s API username required to setup integration with PP express.

2.  Whether indeed Magento will work with Paypal express UK.

Perhaps the person who wrote the integration would be so good as to provide the necessary information.  Integration with PayPal is an indispensible condition for using Magento to run a ecommerce enabled site.

Trevor

Magento Community
Magento Community

TrevorGinn

Ok, so it turns out that Magento only supports PayPal Website payments pro.

So I have set up a verified PP sandbox account and entered API details into MC.

For PP express, the checkout just redirects to the sandbox login screen and for direct payments, I get an internal error pop up box.

Any feedback anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

fastboxgaming

Total Posts:  101

how does magento only support paypal website payments pro, if they have the configuration option for paypal express which is free. That makes no sense, it should work

Magento Community
Magento Community

fifelskik

Total Posts:  18
Reno, Nevada

FINALLY figured this out. Turns out you don’t do anything on the PayPal site if you are registered for Website Payments Pro.... In Magento, under Paypal > API/Integration Settings, you just click on that big orange button that says Get Credentials From PayPal. It’ll open a popup window where you log into Paypal, and out pops the API Username, Password and Signature you need to populate those three fields in Magento.

I overlooked this forever because the button is UNDERNEATH the three fields. You would assume you need to fill in the fields before clicking the button. In truth, the button gets you the codes you need for the fields.

Did this help anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucasme

Total Posts:  1

fifelskik - 09 November 2010 10:24 PM

FINALLY figured this out. Turns out you don’t do anything on the PayPal site if you are registered for Website Payments Pro.... In Magento, under Paypal > API/Integration Settings, you just click on that big orange button that says Get Credentials From PayPal. It’ll open a popup window where you log into Paypal, and out pops the API Username, Password and Signature you need to populate those three fields in Magento.

I overlooked this forever because the button is UNDERNEATH the three fields. You would assume you need to fill in the fields before clicking the button. In truth, the button gets you the codes you need for the fields.

Did this help anyone?

Yes it does. Thankfully I only spend 30min on this. You need this for online refunds.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community