Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product import stalls

jeff.d

Total Posts:  103

I have been trying to import a large amount of products into my store but I can’t get it to fully complete. The import will stop for no apparent reason. I think the last one I tried made it to around 800 out of 500. No error messages come up, it just stops. I am importing from a CSV file. Maybe I’ll try to use an XML file and see if I have better luck with that. The new version of Magento is definitely faster; 3-4 seconds versus 20 seconds. Anyone else running into this issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

acemcclay

Total Posts:  2

Yes i am also facing the same problem. I use the 1.4.0.1, will try to update

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grut

Total Posts:  164
Ukraine

Maybe you should edit “max_execution_time” in the php.ini file? Or import products with Store Manager easily and fast wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

acemcclay

Total Posts:  2

Thanks Grut. I had this problem with IE8 but when tried with chrome and it was a peice of cake. dont know why but it worked just fine with chrome - no setting changed.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community