Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t find import options for OS Commerce

ecommer

Total Posts:  10

I installed the import extension for OS Commerce and now trying to follow the wiki instructions at :
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/creating_an_oscommerce_import_profile

I imported all my images into the import folder (step 1), and skipped to step 4 to try to enter all the DB information on the page. The problem is that I don’t have any text boxes to enter the database name, password, etc.

I checked my extension to make sure it’s installed properly and magento says it is.

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I was looking at other threads, and a member said you go to System->Import/Export->OS Commerce—but I don’t have the OS Commerce menu item. All I have are ‘profiles’ and ‘advanced profiles’.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Chantal

Total Posts:  68
Netherlands, Hellevoetsluis

ecommer - 15 June 2008 06:52 AM

EDIT: I was looking at other threads, and a member said you go to System->Import/Export->OS Commerce—but I don’t have the OS Commerce menu item. All I have are ‘profiles’ and ‘advanced profiles’.

Yesterday I installed Magento 1.1 alpha. Seems to be a new feature in Magento 1.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecommer

Hmm,

Any suggestions on using this feature in the current magento version? It seems some other members were able to use it. Can’t figure out why it won’t show when it says it’s successfully installed.

I tried clearing the cache, using different browsers and no luck.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecommer

Fixed the issue. A simple uninstall and reinstall of magento seemed to do it smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

atlasit

Total Posts:  40
Los Angeles, CA

I just did a fresh install of 1.1.1.  There isn’t an oscommerce import section under system -> import/export.. am i missing something?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nate001

Total Posts:  14

Id look for that on Magento Connect (search bar at the top of this page) I believe I tripped over it at some point..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community