Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Feature list

_

Total Posts:  152

After one day of testing I think that such features are necessary:

1. Batch removal of products.

It is too difficult to delete products on per-product basis. There should be an option to check/uncheck them and delete with one click

2. Possibility to add more order statuses without changing it in DB

3. WYSIWYG editor for products and categories descriptions

I’ve spotted portions of TinyMCE code in many files. I hope that this editor will be in use in next releases smile

4. Bestsellers module

Please add features in this topic so that Varien has this in one place smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

macsmart

Total Posts:  29
Greensboro, NC

I second the request for a way to delete more than one product at a time. It’s nice to have a few hundred in the demo store for testing, but if we want to clear them out to make way for our own products, the deletion process is quite tedious (unless I’m missing something...)

I second 2,3 and 4 as well, but I came to the forum to request multi product deletion in the first place, so it gets top billing… grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

73inches

Total Posts:  109
Germany, Hannover

macsmart - 01 September 2007 12:28 PM

I second the request for a way to delete more than one product at a time. It’s nice to have a few hundred in the demo store for testing, but if we want to clear them out to make way for our own products, the deletion process is quite tedious (unless I’m missing something...)

I second 2,3 and 4 as well, but I came to the forum to request multi product deletion in the first place, so it gets top billing… grin

Is it true? Is it impossible to clear the whole store? Can’t imagine grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

This should remove all the products and their related records.

TRUNCATE TABLE `catalog_product_entity`;

Removing categories requires bit more actions, and it is safer just to delete categories from admin

TRUNCATE TABLE `catalog_category_entity`;
DELETE FROM `catalog_category_tree` WHERE `entity_id`<>1;

After that you will have to create root categories for your stores and assign them to stores in configuration:

admin menu / system / configuration / catalog - choose a store, choose Root Category.

Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Total Posts:  152

Moshe , do you have any DB schema ? I’m trying to write a conversion tool for osCommerce -> Magento. This would help me a lot smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Updated wiki with info on how to delete products directly through the DB - http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/Removing-products-through-the-database/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community