Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

two store views (for two languages) and relation with categories

Andrea, Argentina

Total Posts:  164
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi all, I have an issue with categories and store views here.

I set up two store views, one for english, one for spanish in the same website and store. My default store is spanish.
Then, I began adding categories and my tree is constructed. After that I edit the names in each cat and subcat and changed the “name” depending on the store view (name in english, name in spanish). Then, I have one tree of categories, all of them at the same category root as I understood that works Magento.

In the frontend when I switch from one store to another, it works fine. My vertical menu with categories are translated and subcategories too.
BUT WHEN ENTER TO A CATEGORY or subcategory, the page reloads with the default settings and turns the vertical menu in spanish (my default store view).

Any idea?
I really appreciate any help here.
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

marcosig

Total Posts:  10

Hi Andrea

I had the same problem and risolved it thanks to this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/7178/.

Hope it works for you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community