Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change of Store Name

oxygen

Total Posts:  69

hi, I am new here and sorry to ask this simple question.

I have installed Magento, setup most of the things including categories/products and so far so good.
I need to change the Store Name from the default My Website Store in System->Manage Store, to my own store name.
Similarly for the Website Name.

Will it crash the whole thing?
This is what I am worrying about as I have read someone crashed the whole thing after changing the base url.

Please help.

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Changing your store name through the admin is not like changing the base url.  You should definitely not change the base url after you have installed your store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

David Toshack

Total Posts:  3

Is the “base url” stored in some sort of url cache? ... what if you clear the var/cache directory?

I would assume the store view id rather than the base code itself would be used in any database relations, no?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community