Magento Forum

Add reviews tab to Modern theme? 

slaction

Total Posts:  19

How would I go about adding a reviews tab in the modern theme?

I can’t believe this isn’t an option out of the box for this theme since it seems like such a better way to display review information.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

slaction

Still need a reply on this.

No one has wanted the reviews in a tab instead of a totally new page?

Magento Community
Magento Community

slaction

Man......support sucks for Magento....Thumbs Down

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

That is a great idea!

I have not been able to find a solution for this on the forum, although you will be able to find some related information here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8583/

To set up another tab (that you can label reviews tab), you should take a look at view.phtml (app/design/frontend/default/modern/template/catalog/product/view.phtml).

Here you will find the default tabs. It should be possible to add one more more tabs (or as in mine case, rename the Product Tags as I don’t use it).

<ul class="tabs">
<li id="product_tabs_description" class="active first"><a href="#">Produktinfo</a></li>
<?php if ($_upsellHtml!=''): ?><li id="product_tabs_upsell"><a href="#">Vi anbefaler også</a></li><?php endif ?>
<li id="product_tabs_tags"><a href="#">Produkt tagger</a></li>
<?php if($_additional = $this->getAdditionalData()): ?><li id="product_tabs_additional"><a href="#">Utvidet info</a></li><?php endif?>
</ul>

I hope this can get you started ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Inspire Commerce

Total Posts:  12

I’ve had people answer my questions, and saying support sucks without buying support (I assume you haven’t if you’re posting here) is kind of lame.  This software, as far as I can tell, rocks.  I’d assume paid support would as well, as the people I’ve talked to at Varien were incredibly helpful and cool to boot.  I mean, there are only 280 members of these forums.  If you want more forum action, maybe you should try osCommerce.  They have 184,196 members.  Of course, relative to Magento, osCommerce sucks.  That’s my opinion, but for what I want, I’m putting all of m clients on Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

@Mark: for your information, Magento has 25.689 Total Registered Members. Compared with the 184.173 memers community members that osCommerce have, Magento still has a way to go. But remember Magento is less than 1 year old.

These numbers does not reflect the number of store owners, as many are just “window shoppers”.

Anyway: a paid support plan (starting at $ 500/year) is probably a good idea for any professional web store that is critical to the business operation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Inspire Commerce

Total Posts:  12

Wow, I miss read the “Members Online” for total forum members.  Anyways, I’ve been playing with Magento for just over a week now, and am totally blown away by the quality of the system.  It is, hands down, the best system I’ve used (and I’ve spent hundreds of hours testing systems for clients).  I’m itching to build my first real store with it.  Can’t wait.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

@Mark: I had the same feeling just a few weeks ago, and my web store is now soon to be released. Good luck with your project.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

I’ve been working on this, but haven’t got the solution just yet. I’ve got the tab created, but no list of reviews yet…

I am using the function $_product->getReviewData() right inside catalog/product/view.phtml which is supposed to get at least some review data, or an object from which I can get the list of reviews as an array/object, however the only data I get from it when I run the result through print_r() is “1” ... I don’t even get an array or an object, and there are 25 reviews in one of these products I’m using to test. So I’m curious if anyone has worked further on this, or if there is some non-obvious function that can be used to get the data onto the products page, especially considering the reviews page is quite similar to the product page anyway.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community