Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A “View All” button

SwiftCol

Total Posts:  85

My client wants a landing page for each catagory, and then a normal product grid for each subcategory. Simple enough. They also want a View All page that will show a product grid containing all products for all sub categories.

Now I have edited the Navigation module so that it adds a View All link to the bottom of each sub-category menu, via the following edit to the drawItem method:

$j 0;
$htmlChildren '';
foreach (
$children as $child{

if ($child->getIsActive()) {

## Edit to keep the last sub-category as being marked last 
        ## to make way for View All added below

//$htmlChildren.= $this->drawItem($child, $level+1, ++$j >= $cnt);

$htmlChildren.= $this->drawItem($child$level+1false);

}
}

## View All button.
$htmlChildren.= '<li class="level'.$level.' last">'."\n";
$htmlChildren.= '<a href="'.$this->getCategoryUrl($category).'"><span>View All</span></a>'."\n";
$htmlChildren.= '</li>'."\n";

The problem with this method, is that it currently links to the top category’s main page, taking users to the landing page. How can I create a View All type page, and link to it using the method above?

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

Maybe I am not understanding the request correctly, but why not just use the view all that is near the sort by, grid/list, and show 9/15/30/all dropdown?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SwiftCol

Because that just shows all of the products in a given sub-category.
Take Magento’s sample products for example. The Electronics section has a landing page, and then it has 3 sub-categories, Cell Phones, Cameras, and Laptops. On the landing page of the Electronics section, you don’t see any products. On each of the sub-category pages, even if you click view all, you still only see all of the products for that sub-category. I need a page the view all of the products in a category, regardless of what sub-category they fall under. Preferably still with the default paging available.

Does that make more sense?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

I think I get it now, you have a multiple tier tree.

My trees only go 1 deep

all
--category
----subcategory
--category 2
----subcategory
----subcategory

... and so on. probably that and my lack of sleep are why i was having a hard time understanding.

What i did to achieve similar results to what you want was make an extra category tree
so for example

all
--category
----subcategory
--category 2
----subcategory
----subcategory
----everything
--category 3
--everything

and each of those “everything” categories i went and added all of the items to them. (just a single checkmark box was enough for me, i dont have too many items)

not really what you are looking for, but it is one roundabout way to do it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SwiftCol

That would be a more manual way of doing it, but then you take the risk of my clients forgetting to check that box.
Does anyone know of a more progrimatical way of doing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SwiftCol

So can anyone help with this? I just want a button that shows all products in a given category, regardless of what sub-category the product falls under. This shouldn’t be too hard… Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community