Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Images problem - SOLVED

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

I’m having some problems with images lately, specifically that (for some unknown reason) the thumbnail and small sized images aren’t showing up, but the large ones are showing up fine. I’m using 3 different images with each having their appropriate bubble selected.

Can anyone think of why the other 2 might not work?

PS: cache on, off, or refreshed seems to make no difference.

edit: I attached a screenshot. Notice how all of the images appear at the bottom, but when I click on the image to enlarge it, the placeholder pops up. WTF?

edit # 2: i checked the database and followed the image paths. the images were there but the cache wasn’t. somehow, somewhere along the way some of the cache directories got chmods back to read only, i have no idea why or how, but giving them a good old 777 made things back to normal.

Image Attachments
problem.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

well thanks for figuring this out, as this happened to me also (altho in a slightly different way).

Maybe the chown is part of some code that has to do with uploading the images from the admin section...?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community