Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

2column-left on all pages, including checkout stages and login etc

v2uk

Total Posts:  64

Is there a way to apply a general all over 2column-left to all pages, regardless of what they are?

I have move the logo / navigation into the left nav bar, on home page / categories / product view, but I’ve been unsuccessful in doign the same with the checkout / sign up / login etc pages.

I’ve modified the xml schema to reflect the 2columnleft, but I can’t output the left column on the checkout stages (just displays the space for it).

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

v2uk

Anyone? smile

Trying to place the left column (2columns-left) on all pages, done most pages now, but the pages I’m having problems with are:

The one page checkout process (Can get the left column space, but can’t get anything to output there, which I have the logo/navigation)
The sign up / login pages

I suspect there’s other pages as well that I might of missed, but I’ve managed to implement it into the: home / category / product / cms pages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

Your problem is probably that checkout.xml explicitly removes the left column on most checkout pages:

<remove name="left"/>

Magento Community
Magento Community

v2uk

Yeah, figured it all out heh, took me a while smile

Removed all the remove name left / right etc stuff, and added the nav to the default section in the bottom of checkout area, just login etc area’s left now so will sort those out later tonight.

From a templating / design point of view this is the most nicest system to use to be honest, allows a lot of flexibility.

It’s good that magento requires you to learn how th esystem works, which offers / brings in much more flexibility than any other non-inhouse system.

Good stuff smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community