Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Huge project

Spike1

Total Posts:  2

Hello, I’ve a very deep knowledge of another os e-commerce, but for this project I’m evaluating (just only downloaded and installed, still searching a printable version of documentation smile ) Magento.

Even if I’m at a very early stage of evaluation, if the project goes on, we’ll use Magento at 99%

Well, a short description: a virtual outlet with a 3D shockwave section to explore the outlet and each shop, then whe a user decide to search/buy products of a shop, here it comes Magento.

So main point is an available feature of Magento: central ‘main’ administration, many ‘separate’ stores, managed each by a different ‘admin’, but with a superadmin able to make everything in each store.

So here comes my first 2 questions at this stage:

1) Ability to set up some parameters that the user must (may) specify and when he access a store he sees only those products matching with these parameters (if applicable for that store). Suppose the shirt size as one of these parameters. Of course the parameters must be tied to the user (db if a logged user, Session if not logged). And of course the user may decide not to apply this ‘filter’ or to change the values (for a gift for someone else for example).

2) Possibility to use a different price for the same product for (virtually) each country of the world.

I guess these 2 features are not available smile But I would like to know if you think that they are an easy task, and eventually if you are available to develope them (quotation for time and costs would be very appreciated, thanks).

Finally, if the project grows, there could be problems about performance and number of stores. In this situation, could you support us in evaluating possible solutions and deploy them?

Please, excuse my bad english.

Thank you in advance,

Paolo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

I guess these 2 features are not available smile But I would like to know if you think that they are an easy task, and eventually if you are available to develope them (quotation for time and costs would be very appreciated, thanks).

As you’ve mentioned yourself in the post these two items are not native to Magento.

If you would like to receive a quote for this kind of a project please submit a Request a Quote form

It is difficult to claim the ease or difficulty of these customizations without knowing the level of the developer working on them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Spike1

Total Posts:  2

Thanks Adi,
next week I should get more details after a meeting with the clients, then I’ll post for a quotation.

OMG, I’m a moderator and tech ref. for italian community of another os e-comm sw, I dunno how many times I’ve replied as you made to me… Why when someone change his place, immediately become a noob?  red face

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community