Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple domains

CARE Internet Services

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I’ve been searching the forum to find an answer to this problem but no topic really had an answer.

I’m trying to do something simple but I guess this is impossible with Magento.

I want 2 (or more) stores on different domains on the same server.

Domain1.com
Domain2.com

The stores should be opened in the root URL, not /store or /magento or anything like that.

I installed Magento on Domain1.com, created a new website/store/storeview for the new store, and configured the web-settings.

I made a Apache VirtualHost for Domain2.com and pointed the DocumentRoot to the directory where I created the index.php and .htaccess file. The store-indexpage loads but obviously the rest wont because the other URL’s and javascript files cannot be found.

How do I (correctly) set this up ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dustin

Total Posts:  160
Columbus, OH

CARE Internet Services - 13 June 2008 12:19 AM

Hi,

I’ve been searching the forum to find an answer to this problem but no topic really had an answer.

I’m trying to do something simple but I guess this is impossible with Magento.

I want 2 (or more) stores on different domains on the same server.

Domain1.com
Domain2.com

The stores should be opened in the root URL, not /store or /magento or anything like that.

I installed Magento on Domain1.com, created a new website/store/storeview for the new store, and configured the web-settings.

I made a Apache VirtualHost for Domain2.com and pointed the DocumentRoot to the directory where I created the index.php and .htaccess file. The store-indexpage loads but obviously the rest wont because the other URL’s and javascript files cannot be found.

How do I (correctly) set this up ?

Check this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9427/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community