Magento Forum

Maximum number of articles should be implemented! 

jorries

Total Posts:  56

Its now possible to add say, 66 articles to the basket. This should be configurable, to prevent fraud and messing around by bad customers.
Ive addes 66 pair shooes in the demo shop totalling 5000 dollar.

It would be nice if there is an extra textfield in the admin panel which has a default value of say 3 and that you can
manually alter this number for the maximum number of items to be ordered by the customer

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jorries

Total Posts:  56

nobody thinks this is needed wink ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

I can see this being very useful for some shops, depending on the type of products sold.  For me, I’d probably set it to something high like 1000, and then if the customer tries to add more than that, maybe display a notice asking them to call and place the order over the phone or something.  We’ve had several orders that had hundreds of the same item, and all turned out to be legit.  We just got one 2 weeks ago where someone ordered 250 PVC pipe couplings and nothing else (we sell central vacuums and related parts/accessories).  I called to verify that it wasn’t a mistake, and indeed it was a legit order.  We love those kinds of orders though.  Almost everything we sell is drop shipped from warehouses that have thousands of each item in stock, and the paper work for us is the same whether they order 1 or 1000. grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Johan

Total Posts:  104
Sweden

We need inventory control for sure. I think its coming in later versions.

As we don’t have or can fulfill such high large quantity orders we would get a lot of backorders unless there is such a feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  899

We any closer to controlling the maximum number of articles in the shopping cart?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community