Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

configuation problem / bug

WildSatchmo

Total Posts:  4

I’m not sure I’m posting this in the right section…

I’m having a strange issue that may be a bug - is there a bug tracking system set up for this project so I don’t clutter the forums with something like this?

Anyway, on to the issue - sorry if this is wordy I’m trying to be thorough:

I add three simple products, lets say a tee shirt, one small, one medium, one large. Then I create a configurable object that will have the “size” drop down. This is working only if I start from scratch making the three simple products. If I choose ‘duplicate’ instead, the product will never show on the website no matter what (even if it is enabled, added to the English store, and added to the category i want to display it in). In turn it will not show the new size that was created by duplicating one of the other sizes.

To clarify, If I create a new simple product from scratch, it will show up. If I hit ‘duplicate’ then give the duplicate a unique sku#, change it to enabled, make sure the visibility is set, make sure it is in the right category and in the right store, it will still not be visible on the website.

Here is an example: This shirt should be available in small, medium, and large. Notice only small and medium are showing on the product page. This is because they were created from scratch by clicking ‘new product’ in the admin. Large was created by clicking ‘duplicate’ in the medium product page in the admin.
http://coveryourskin.com/catalog/product/view/s/fortitude-b5-a4-forums/id/151/category/6/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WildSatchmo

Total Posts:  4

FYI this has pretty much been resolved, the discussion is here (another user had this same exact issue at pretty much the same exact time):
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1009/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community