Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to automatically send an additional email next to the normal invoice email? 

aigamedev

Total Posts:  2

After a customer has purchased a product from our Magento shop, he receives the invoice via email. That is working well. Now I want to send another email, a “welcome letter”, to the same email address if the customer has purchased a product of a certain category (or alternatively one specific product).

My question: Is there a built-in way (i.e. without PHP coding) to achieve that, tied to a product category or one certain product?
If not, what would be the easiest way to achieve that via PHP coding?

Thanks!

PS: We are using Community version 1.4.1.1

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aheadWorks
Guru

Total Posts:  424

Have a look at the Follow Up Email Magento module that allows sending fully automated emails to customers who purchase a product of a certain category. You can also insert coupons, purchased products, pictures, tracking codes, restore cart links.

Visit the product page and see the complete list of extension features.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aigamedev

Total Posts:  2

Thanks, but we would like to do that on our own rather than buying a new module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FmeAddons

Total Posts:  123
USA

Extensions are developed to save time and money. I suggest you to have a look at this Follow Up Module, It is less priced and worth having it. Starting from scratch can take months.

For more info about product - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/follow-up-email-extension-abandoned-cart-reminder.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community