Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product option for different sized bundles from the same stock

solas12

Total Posts:  2

Hi everyone!

I want to create a eshop with coffee. Each product should have different package sizes (weight 250 g, 500 g, 1000g), but they are from the same inventory (They make their own packing)
The customer should see one product with the option for weight

I already tried:
1/ create configurateble product and appropriate simple products, but every simple product has own inventory

2/ create bundle product, that use one inventory, but I haven’t been able assign more than once the same simple product so I couldn’t use it for different qty options,
so I had several bundles (each weight option has own bundle)

3/ assign bundle products to one configurateble product, but that just isn’t possible

so I have too many similar bundle product showing on eshop

Thanks for any advice

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ZbyszekTomek

Total Posts:  121

Hi. The greatest option is using custom options. Most features soft for this is Advanced Custom Options

- you can assign templates
- color swatches
- SKU policy
- special/ tier prices
- inventory linked with SKU
- and hundreds more

Or take a look at Simple Bundle or Bundle Promosets
Its different approach, but maybe will fit your needs

Zbych

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community