Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Category Navigation Doesn’t Show [solved]

rdunajewski

Total Posts:  3

I can’t seem to get the navigation links to show on either the top or left side of pages, even from a default installation. I added some categories and products and they’re all active/enabled, but still nothing. I’ve scoured through the Configuration section of the admin and poured over the User Guide, but can’t find any information.

The products are also visible if I do a search, so everything is populated properly.

What am I missing?

Image Attachments
2008-06-12_193556.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rdunajewski

Still haven’t found a solution to this problem. I’m sure it’s a simple mistake somewhere, but for what it’s worth I can’t find the problem. I’d think if this were an issue with the new version, everyone would have this problem.

Like I said, I set up several categories and products and have them all enabled, and even did a fresh installation (including DB removal) to ensure everything was cleared out. I have the templates for the navigation, but still nothing shows up.

I’m using the most recent version, 1.0.19870.2 with no extensions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

You will need to assign them to the root category of your site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rdunajewski

Correction. I found the problem. I needed to specify which Category is the Root Category in the Manage Stores section. Nothing was selected there.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community