Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Create same block in different languages

bombo

Total Posts:  32

Hello,

I tried but faild.
How do show 2 different static blocks (different in language) on different stores under the same Category.
E.g. FAQ in English & German - so the title FAQ is the same but the Landing Page should point to different ones - I did just that, did not work for me.

Thanks,
Niv

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bombo

OR another idea, is there a way to implement Conditional IF in blocks? Javascript or something similar?

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

We are working on a solution now.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

The fix was applied to trunk and will be available in next release.

Files are attached for immediate fix. They will work with latest, 0.6.13110 release.

Run this statement on your database:

alter table `cms_pagedrop key `identifier`, add unique `identifier` (`identifier`, `store_id`)

Download attached files to following locations:
Router.php: app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Controller/Router.php
Page.php: app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php
Mysql4_Page.php: app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Model/Mysql4/Page.php

After these updates you should be able to create CMS pages with same identifier enabled for different stores.

File Attachments
Router.php  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 475)
Page.php  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 447)
Mysql4_Page.php  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 441)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Did it solve the problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bombo

Hi Moshe,
Thanks, I am sure your solution works, but i was too late to see it and was installing the whole weekend the new version. (I will now put email alert)

I think either I have problems in my installation or the Table Rate - is a bit bugi?
When i work with Table Rates (and only then), I keep getting this error (both on weight destination & #products destination) when checking on shipment or during CheckOut go on my Cart.

What do you say, what that could be?
Niv

I think you already heard that:
PS1 - PayPal Standard extremely important for EU (Authorize, PayPal Website Pro - not available in EU)
PS2- to save the CVV is good for SLIKA offline (just in case I do not think i will need this)

exception ‘Zend_Db_Statement_Exception’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘DE’’ AND dest_region_id=’0’ AND dest_zip=’’)
OR (dest_count’ at line 7’ in /home/purado5/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:227
Stack trace:
#0 /home/purado5/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(279): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/purado5/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(396): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/purado5/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Zend_Db_Select), Array)
#3 /home/purado5/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(693): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(Object(Zend_Db_Select), Array)
#4 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Mysql4/Carrier/Tablerate.php(86): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow(Object(Zend_Db_Select))
#5 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Carrier/Tablerate.php(71): Mage_Shipping_Model_Mysql4_Carrier_Tablerate->getRate(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#6 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Carrier/Tablerate.php(50): Mage_Shipping_Model_Carrier_Tablerate->getRate(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#7 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php(98): Mage_Shipping_Model_Carrier_Tablerate->collectRates(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#8 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php(422): Mage_Shipping_Model_Shipping->collectRates(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#9 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address/Total/Shipping.php(37): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address->collectShippingRates()
#10 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php(475): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address_Total_Shipping->collect(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address))
#11 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php(511): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address->collectTotals()
#12 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Cart.php(390): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote->collectTotals()
#13 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/CartController.php(63): Mage_Checkout_Model_Cart->save()
#14 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(326): Mage_Checkout_CartController->indexAction()
#15 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(147): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#16 /home/purado5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(164): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#17 /home/purado5/public_html/app/Mage.php(378): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#18 /home/purado5/public_html/index.php(28): Mage::run(’base’)
#19 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

bombo

PS Moshe,

I got some spare time this morning, and tried your fix to the Categories with Different Languages - worked just fine! thanks.

Niv

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

Did this fix get rolled out to the current release?  (0.8...)

I’ve been able to create different home page content by country as pages with the same identifier in the CMS.  But I’ve been fighting with getting language specific static blocks to show up on the category pages.  I’ve given my English block and my Italian block the same title and identifier and have assigned each to it’s store view, but the English block shows up on the UK site but the Italian block does not show up on the Italian site.  In fact, the content area is blank.  So good news is that it’s not trying to show the UK static block, but it’s also not showing the Italian block.

Has anyone been able to get this to work? thx.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jesperunna

Total Posts:  15

Moshe - 15 October 2007 04:44 PM

The fix was applied to trunk and will be available in next release.

Did this actually ever get implemented? smile

I’m struggling getting different static blocks with same identifier (but different store views) to show up on the right pages. It is always only the Danish version and never the English, regardless of which store view i use in the frontend.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community