Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.
For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t seem to get a new attribute to stay assigned with an attribute set
1) Create new attribute called ‘size’. (see attachment)
2) Create new attribute set called ‘Apparel’ based on default attribute set.
3) Open ‘Apparel’ attribute set and drag and drop ‘size’ attribute into ‘Apparel’ attribute set.
4) Click ‘Save Attribute Set’ button.
5) Click ‘Back’ button.
6) Select ‘Apparel’ attribute set to view changes.
Expected result: ‘Size’ attribute is assigned to ‘Apparel’ attribute set.
Actual result: ‘Size’ attribute is still unassigned.
I’ve tried this several times in my test setup (wanting to move from Virtuemart to this). I’ve even completely re-installed Magento and am still reproducing this. I’ve seen posts in the Bug Tracker stating that this should be working. Is there something I’m doing wrong here?