Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Background image throughtout website

WINWIN

Total Posts:  31

I want to test putting a small backrgound image similar to the one found on trendyempire.com. I do not know which file to edit and where? Please advise attached is my file

Image Attachments
bg.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Hi,

It depends on which container you want to use with this background, so may need to test a bit to see what works for you.

But here’s where you can start:

First, save this image in your current theme folder as, say “background.gif”. If it is the default theme, then the folder is:

skin/frontend/default/default/images

The CSS files to edit are located in:

skin/frontend/default/default/css

Take the boxes.css file there and edit, for example:

.middle-container { background:url(../images/main_container_bg.gif) no-repeat 50% 0 #fbfaf6; }

change that to:

.middle-container { background:url(../images/background.gif) repeat 50% 0 #fbfaf6; }

If that’s not what you want, try changing the .middle part of the same CSS file, just like above. Play around a little.

Good luck!
Lisa

Magento Community
Magento Community

larrpan

Total Posts:  17

Yeah, thanks for this tip!  It worked well for me too smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community