Magento Forum

Magento 1.1 features discussion and feedback

jan212
Guru

Total Posts:  407

There are some significant changes in the db structure(in version 1.1)…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jennifer M

Total Posts:  21

All of the new functions look interesting to me in one way or another.  Good stuff. 

But what I most want in terms of code right now is an increase in stability.  I’ve become very wary now of putting any time into developing my database at the moment, because I’ve got this gut feeling of not trusting the system not to fall over again taking my work with it, with me not knowing how to get it back (see “404s everywhere” bug report.)

Second to that, I’d vote for some more documentation please.  Can we count that as a feature? grin

I realise that some people do urgently need one or more of the new functionality features and would take them in preference to bugfixes and more documentation.  Just saying that wouldn’t be my personal top wish at present.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pauljosephson

Total Posts:  37

Looks great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

Total Posts:  78
New York, NY

I am happy to see that magento opened up the trunk for the upcoming 1.1 release. This is a great way to keep the community engaged and make business decisions based on whats about to come. With that said, I have been holding off launching my clothing store thru magento because of the lack of a good way to load inventory with multiple attributes (size, color, etc...). The new version has me a little confused. When the community requested features that would allow multiple attributes (size, color, etc..), we were told that the bundles feature was being developed. However it seems like custom options is the optimal way for my ecommerce segment. What is magento’s position on custom options vs. bundled products and what do you and the community recommend for my segment?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MasterDee

Total Posts:  32

This is great guys, Now I can really work with magento, I needed EU taxes.
I’am sure magento will be #1 eCommerce smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

antcommerce

Total Posts:  19
the Netherlands

Note on the (great) addition of tax number/VAT number for customers:

The EU requires to do an initial validation of tax number of the customer (’s company). After validation by local tax office, products can be purchased tax-free by the customer. This requires:

-customer being able to indicate he wants to use his tax number (during account creation probably)
-be notified that a customer has registered that requires tax number validation
-mark a customer as ‘validated’
-making sure that the customer cannot change his tax number at a later stage, because only for that number he has been validated

The first 3 items can be worked around easily, but the customer should not be able to change the number I guess. In the current 1.1 revision, this is the case.

Anyone else suggestions, or maybe experience from oscommerce etcetera?

See also: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/10791/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

Guess you havent tested the Export/Import-functionality in the new version, because that doesnt seem work at all. Our developer wrote himself around it, but there’s a clear bug in the Abstract-file which causes the export/import of items using the Profiler to stop (variable/array-error).

Magento Community
Magento Community

gr8bluesgtr

Total Posts:  7

Either I’m misunderstanding what Virtual Products are, or I’m just too stupid to figure out where to say what files are included with this virtual product.  Is there any documentation of how to use this feature?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

gr8bluesgtr - 01 July 2008 10:02 AM

Either I’m misunderstanding what Virtual Products are, or I’m just too stupid to figure out where to say what files are included with this virtual product.  Is there any documentation of how to use this feature?

Virtual products and downloadable products are not the same thing. Virtual products just means a product without any attached item that is being sold.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

It would also be REALLY great to get the mostly-wanted feature where we can change the Attribute_Set the product was originally created on. Guess lots of people would want that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

castus

Total Posts:  64

Question 1
Is it possible using the new version to have a product that uses multiples of numbers inserted - for example:

Carpet underlay = $10 per square metre so customer has 2 boxes for width and length

Box1 = Length
Box2 = Width

Box1 x Box2 = area

Area X price($10) = cost

Question 2

Is it possible to have the price step up in increments after a certain range

upto 36 inches = price 1
above 36 inches = price1 + (length - 36)xprice2

Magento Community
Magento Community

chatlumo
Guru

Total Posts:  301
Paris

Catalog Prices Rules don’t work for me, in the last 1.1 alpha and 1.0.19870.4

I set up my promotion as on this pictures, i click en Save and Apply.
Then i go to the catogorie where i put the promotion price is the same.

Only Cart Prices Rules work for me (in the last 1.1 alpha and 1.0.19870.4).

Image Attachments
rules.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

netjet

Total Posts:  19

Do you know when the 1.1 release will be available? I know soon, but can’t wait....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jacky2008

Total Posts:  43

I check the download more than twice everyday for a month.  I only know it would be releas at earlier of July.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Magento 1.1 stable release is scheduled for mid to late July and more information will be made available shortly.

I read this in this blog post.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community