Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 8
Magento 1.1 features discussion and feedback

Aleksander Andrijenko

Total Posts:  22

Function in ‘System->Cache management->Refresh Layered Navigation Indices’ works only for ‘default’ store view.

Indexer don’t refresh others store views, therefore in category not working layered navigation (filters)!

How to figure out? This bug also is in version: 1.0.19870.2

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

Am I understanding the “Bundled Product” feature as something similar to a configurable product?

For example, if someone is selling custom built computers via their Magento store, will this feature be such that a customer will be able to choose from a list of variables/options (in various categories) that will all go toward the final “bundled” product?

If I am interpreting this feature correctly, this is what I am most excited about with this latest release !!

Is the late June/early July release period still on track?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jan212
Guru

Total Posts:  407

Hello,

there’s a small bug(or feature missing) in the updated tax system (which is working nearly good after the first tests). The shipping tax is added to the shipping cost total instead of beeing already included in the shipping total(have to be added to the total tax, that’s correct, but don’t have to be added to the grand total) while “catalog prices include tax” is activated.
Another thing is that it should be possible to change display sub total mode to tax include/exclude. In german store’s we declare the subtotal incl. tax (As you can see under http://www.saintgeorges24.de or http://www.stellalena.com).
---------------------------------------------------------------
e.g.

100€ Product cost (92,38€ without tax)
5€ Flatrate Shipping Costs

Correct values
Item
incl. tax: 100€
exl. tax: 92,38€

Summary
Subtotal: 105
Tax included: 8,03€
Grand total: 105€

1.1 actual status

Item
incl. tax: 100€ (correct)
exl. tax: 92,38€ (correct)

Summary
Subtotal: 92,38€ (wrong)
Total tax included: 8,03€ (correct)
Grand total: 105,41€ (wrong)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the performance enhancements and cache fixes, i noticed a performance benefit of 70% in my first AB2 tests.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chantal

Total Posts:  68
Netherlands, Hellevoetsluis

Couldn’t get the Modern Theme installed unfortunately.

Magento Community
Magento Community

konrous

Total Posts:  4

Chantal - 15 June 2008 08:03 AM

THe same problem here. THe modern the them can not work properly :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

konrous - 15 June 2008 12:49 PM

Chantal - 15 June 2008 08:03 AM

THe same problem here. THe modern the them can not work properly :(

See, this is what I asked about in another thread ... How does one see what these various themes look like?

Why can’t Magento have a section on their main website where one can view these themes?
And if there is such a section, it certainly isn’t easily found - else I would not be asking.

cool mad

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chantal

Total Posts:  68
Netherlands, Hellevoetsluis

Ron Seigel - 15 June 2008 03:41 PM

Why are you (and everyone else here) so surprised a theme doesn’t work on the BETA version of 1.1? Common sense says that it likely won’t.

You are right. That’s why I posted it here… Just my 2ct…

Magento Community
Magento Community

cooper

Total Posts:  104

jeff.d - 13 June 2008 10:20 AM

cooper - 13 June 2008 09:55 AM
I have imported my catategory tree (only around 160 categories). And It’s amazing!.

How did you import your categories? The direct SQL way or programatically?

Thanks

I imported the categories by SQL. For example, for each category, you can execute the following request :

insert into catalog_category_entity (entity_identity_type_idattribute_set_idparent_idcreated_atupdated_atpathposition,levelvalues (2,3,3,0,now(),now(),'1/2',1,0);

insert into catalog_category_entity_int (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,30,0,2,1); 
insert into catalog_category_entity_int (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,39,0,2,1);
insert into catalog_category_entity_int (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,47,0,2,1);

insert into catalog_category_entity_text (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,32,0,2,''); 
insert into catalog_category_entity_text (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,35,0,2,'général catalogue'); 
insert into catalog_category_entity_text (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,36,0,2,'Général Catalogue'); 
insert into catalog_category_entity_text (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,51,0,2,'');

insert into catalog_category_entity_varchar (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,29,0,2,'Général Catalogue'); 
insert into catalog_category_entity_varchar (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,31,0,2,'general-catalogue');
insert into catalog_category_entity_varchar (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,34,0,2,'Général Catalogue'); 
insert into catalog_category_entity_varchar (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,37,0,2,'PRODUCTS');
insert into catalog_category_entity_varchar (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,46,0,2,'');
insert into catalog_category_entity_varchar (entity_type_idattribute_idstore_identity_idvaluevalues (3,50,0,2,'');

Note : these request are only for version 1.1 as there are some database modifications between the 1.0 and 1.1.

You cand find in the table “eav_attribute” the signification of each attribute_id (for the categories the attribute_id involved are those with attribute_type_id setting to ‘3’).

By this way I have tested the maximum categories allowed with memomy_limit set to 64M (as it is a requirement to run Magento). I have found that 145 categories is the maximum that I can manage in the admin panel (and I have 0 products!...only categories...) More give me a fatal error : “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1572864 bytes)”.

I have tested this maximum with a very simple category tree : 145 categories all on the first levevel (as you can see on he first attached image) and after under a tree with two level : 10 categories on the forst level and all the others distributed into these master categories (see the second image). 145 : I’m afraid that I could not test my project in a shared server environment.....

Image Attachments
END.PNG2_level_end.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Thanks a lot Magento team for giving us a preview ! \o/

I tried this alpha version and i have several comments about EU taxes management.

In back office, in order details view, there is a missing value in totals area: taxes total. There is tax amount per cart line, but there is no total tax amount.

It would be great to let the merchant choose if shipping amount should be displayed tax included or excluded (in “Estimate Shipping and Tax” block of the cart and in shipping method selection in checkout page).

When prices are tax incl. in catalog and in cart/order:
- subtotal (tax excl.) could be hidden in cart and customer order view (My Account)
- shipping & handling should be tax incl.
- tax amount (total = products tax + shipping tax) should be displayed after Grand Total
About this last comment, may be i’m wrong. What do you think community members ?

I have also noticed wrong values in several places, due to rounding i guess.
My configuration is the following:
- Tax rate is 19.6% (for both products and shipping)
- Tax Based On: Shipping Origin (France)
- Catalog prices include tax: Yes
- Apply Tax after Discount: No
- Display Cart/Order Prices: Including tax
- Display full tax summary: No
- Display Product Prices: Including tax
Wrong values are shown in attached file (screenshots with red color for wrong values).
An excel sheet is attached also to make tax calculation.

Thanks again and i’m waiting for the end for june ! smile

File Attachments
EU_tax.zip  (File Size: 68KB - Downloads: 333)

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

@TomC

Why are you (and everyone else here) so surprised a theme doesn’t work on the BETA version of 1.1? Common sense says that it likely won’t.

Not sure to what you are referring to.  My comment above was about the new “Bundled Item” feature, and whether or not the upgrade release is still on schedule. 

long face

Magento Community
Magento Community

Francesco2008

Total Posts:  67

There isn’t a VAT FIELD into customer registration form..... So how can Magento understand if it has to apply VAT or not to european business customers? Magento’s EU Support is still very far to be here.... :o((

Magento Community
Magento Community

Skew

Total Posts:  31
Phoenix

TomC - 17 June 2008 07:28 AM

@TomC

Not sure to what you are referring to.  My comment above was about the new “Bundled Item” feature, and whether or not the upgrade release is still on schedule. 

long face

When is the upgrade release for bundled items (and 1.1 if they’re separate) even scheduled for release?

Magento Community
Magento Community

BoostMyShop

Total Posts:  155
France

Hi all smile

i’m testing bundle product and i get an error msg “Product saving error.” on adding products to an option…
Option creation works well, i can select products to add to the selection but when i set price, qty and default informations and then save, i get this error msg…
Products are well defined and correctly appear on the front
Where can i found more accurate information about that pb ?

thanks

Image Attachments
1.jpg2.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff.d

Total Posts:  103

finch8243 - 12 June 2008 04:48 PM

I appreciate adding more defined customer attributes, but I think a better system would allow for infinite flexibility much like your product attributes.

I agree with this...I really need to add fields like our internal account number for existing customers, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cweiske

Total Posts:  6

I get an exception during installation when trying to re-use an 1.0 database for 1.1:

Zend_Db_Statement_Exception Object
(

[message:protected] => SQLSTATE[42S02]Base table or view not found1146 Table 'magento.sales_flat_quote' doesn't exist
    [string:private] => 
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] => /var/www/local-server/svn.magento.nr/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php
    [line:protected] => 238
    [trace:private] => Array

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 8