Magento Forum

Page 8 of 8
Magento 1.1 features discussion and feedback

bloggleme

Total Posts:  101

I’m confused - where is the downloadable product support?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

bloggleme - 25 July 2008 03:50 AM

Still on the roadmap.  Downloadable products were never planned for the 1.1 release as far as I can tell.

Magento Community
Magento Community

R22B

Total Posts:  76

i960 - 25 July 2008 07:30 AM

Still on the roadmap.  Downloadable products were never planned for the 1.1 release as far as I can tell.

Its stated its in according to version 1.1.1.
• Virtual Products - products that don’t require shipping information

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Before I file a bug report, I would like to know anybody have these problems.

1) System > Web Service > User
When I click on Add New User, I see this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function _getRoles() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Api/Model/User.php on line 76
Add New Role is this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function load() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 201

2) When I remove the notification message (the one that you see when you login admin), the browser window shuts off. I am using FF3, with tab browsing, and clicking Remove shuts off the tab.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tiff

Total Posts:  107
Upstate NY

This is getting to be too much work and aggravation - I may end up back with the previous version!

Now I added a config. product with a new attribute/attribute set.  On the backend everything worked fine (though I was really upset to see I still couldn’t set my minimums for the associated products from within the main product....since some have 50 choices, it’s going to be a BIG JOB to go into every single associated product to change min. order qty....but I digress...)

On the front end, the drop-down for my attributes is ridiculously huge and is wayyyyyy below the product photos and moves the “add to cart” button below everything.

I realize I could probably set some sort of changes in the css files to fix this, but WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO?  What is the deal with this version? It’s been nothing but headaches!!!

Also - do I have to make an entirely new attribute for color?  If I set the default one to: global/drop-down, required for config. product only, use to create config. product - it requires it for every config. product I make, when I only need it for products with color choices!  I created an attribute set called color and moved it around in there, but it didn’t help.

Ugh!

Example of drop-down formatting issue: http://favorbonanza.com/magento/index.php/brand-name-wedding-favors/wedding-belle-favors/bride-and-groom-sachet-place-card-holders.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

R22B - 25 July 2008 12:42 PM

Downloadable products and virtual products are two different things.

Magento Community
Magento Community

camay

Total Posts:  5
Barcelona, Spain

chinesedream - 26 July 2008 05:42 PM

Before I file a bug report, I would like to know anybody have these problems.

1) System > Web Service > User
When I click on Add New User, I see this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function _getRoles() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Api/Model/User.php on line 76
Add New Role is this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function load() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 201

2) When I remove the notification message (the one that you see when you login admin), the browser window shuts off. I am using FF3, with tab browsing, and clicking Remove shuts off the tab.

Yes, I got the same errors in “New User” and “New Role”.
I don’t get the FF window shutting off error (using FF 2.0.0.16).

Magento Community
Magento Community

cooldar

Total Posts:  95

I am experiencing some problem with the check / money order section in one page checkout.
I filled out everything until the 4. Payment Information and when I click on continue, it would not proceed to 5. Order Review. Clicking on continue would trigger the ajax loading next step image but it would not actually go to the next step.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicolas46

Total Posts:  210
Toulouse

I am experiencing some problem with the check / money order section in one page checkout.
I filled out everything until the 4. Payment Information and when I click on continue, it would not proceed to 5. Order Review. Clicking on continue would trigger the ajax loading next step image but it would not actually go to the next step.

Same here grrr

Magento Community
Magento Community

R22B

Total Posts:  76

i960 - 27 July 2008 09:35 PM

R22B - 25 July 2008 12:42 PM

Downloadable products and virtual products are two different things.

I realized that after I said it :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

nickanderson

Total Posts:  10

IS anyone else getting a “404 not found” when going thru the steps of the checkout on this new 1.1 “stable”?  I get thru to the shipping step and it bombs out every time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maijar

Total Posts:  49

Sorry if someone is write about this already.

Are these bugs in 1.1.1:

Sales->Tax->Import/Export Tax Rates

-Import says ”Invalid file format upload attempt”, my file is csv. I noticed forum messages about that it hasn’t been workin in some former releases neither.
-Clicking Export causes blank page with this error:

SQLSTATE[HY000]General error1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

#0 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(283): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(406): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#3 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(193): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#4 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(617): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#5 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/lib/Varien/Data/Collection/Db.php(657): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#6 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/lib/Varien/Data/Collection/Db.php(581): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->_fetchAll(Object(Varien_Db_Select))
#7 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Collection/Abstract.php(185): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->load(false, false)
#8 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/lib/Varien/Data/Collection.php(656): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Collection_Abstract->load()
#9 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Tax/RateController.php(368): Varien_Data_Collection->getIterator()
#10 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Adminhtml_Tax_RateController->exportPostAction()
#11 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(137): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('exportPost')
#12 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#14 /var/www/html/834-new_magento/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#15 {main}

-Other Export (Sales->Tax->Manage Tax Zones & Rates) is working, but I’m thinking why there is two exports or are they meant to be different kind of exports?

NOW, are you having same kind of errors? I would really appreciate if you can tell. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 8 of 8