Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Change Default Text on Login/checkout Pages

FatDan

Total Posts:  14

How do you change the text on certain pages

for example Login Page

“By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account and more.”

or the checkout page

“Register and save time!
Register with us for future convenience:

* Fast and easy check out
* Easy access to your order history and status

How do you change this text?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ikuzyk
Magento Team

Total Posts:  60
Ternopil, Ukraine

you can change text in proper templates

login - app/design/frontend/default/default/template/customer/form/login.phtml

<
p><?php echo $this->__('By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account and more.'?></p>

checkout - app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/onepage/login.phtml

<?php echo $this->__('Register and save time!'?> 
<?php echo $this->__('Easy access to your order history and status'?>

hope its help

Magento Community
Magento Community

FatDan

Total Posts:  14

Thanks - worked a treat

Magento Community
Magento Community

PENDANTS Australia

Total Posts:  7

Now here in version 1.4.1.1:
app/design/frontend/base/default/default/template/Checkout/Block/Onepage/Login.php

Magento Community
Magento Community

PENDANTS Australia

Total Posts:  7

And also:
/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/customer/form/login.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagePsycho
Mentor

Total Posts:  1702

Instead of editing directly in .phtml file of class file
what i prefer is to make a translate.csv file under:
app/design/frontend/<interface>/<theme>/locale/en_US/translate.csv
and will translate the related sentence here.

This way is more professional and multi-lingual support.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Spez86

Total Posts:  22

Hi Guys,

I have tried the above (both solutions) however, I edit login.phtml, with the text that I want to be displayed, upload, refresh the page and the main column content area is just totally blank including the footer. It’s as if by editing the text it’s messes up the code (which it shouldn’t). It makes no sense.

Cache is off and editing any other phtml works fine. Any ideas?

I’ve attached below:

Image Attachments
screeny.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ed Baxter

Total Posts:  53

Igor Kuzyk - 12 June 2008 04:44 AM

you can change text in proper templates

login - app/design/frontend/default/default/template/customer/form/login.phtml

<
p><?php echo $this->__('By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account and more.'?></p>

checkout - app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/onepage/login.phtml
<?php echo $this->__('Register and save time!'?> 
<?php echo $this->__('Easy access to your order history and status'?>

hope its help

Shouldn’t you use translations for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

anutosh

Total Posts:  46
Kolkata, India

Spez86 - 11 November 2010 03:27 AM

Hi Guys,

I have tried the above (both solutions) however, I edit login.phtml, with the text that I want to be displayed, upload, refresh the page and the main column content area is just totally blank including the footer. It’s as if by editing the text it’s messes up the code (which it shouldn’t). It makes no sense.

Cache is off and editing any other phtml works fine. Any ideas?

I’ve attached below:

Maybe, you are editing the “login.phtml” page of a different theme, other than what you are viewing / using in your Magento store. Try checking the name of the package folder & the theme folder to be double sure whether you are on right track or not.

Hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webrightnow

Total Posts:  65
Glasgow

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I couldn’t find a more recent one that talks about modifying the login.phtml.

I am running Magento 1.6 and I am trying to add some text to the login form on the checkout page.

I accessed app/design/frontend/default/my-theme/template/checkout/onepage/login.phtml and changed the lines:

<li><?php echo $this->__('Fast and easy check out'?></li>
<
li><?php echo $this->__('Easy access to your order history and status'?></li>

to:

<
li><?php echo $this->__('Easy access to your downloadable tracks and order status'?></li>
<
li><?php echo $this->__('Benefit from exclusive special offers'?></li>

I changed this text for both instances where it appears in that file.

Overwrote the original file, cleared the cache, no change.

Tried to completely flush the cache, even deleted all contents of the var/cache folder. No change.

Tried accessing the checkout page from a different browser, just in case it was anything to do with browser cache (unlikely, but I was desperate at that point). No change.

Overwrote the same file under app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage, just in case Magento was reading the wrong file. No change.

I am now at a complete loss: where is Magento even getting the old text, from an XML layout file, or a php file inside one of the core code folders?

Help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

roknrod12

Total Posts:  70

webrightnow - 25 November 2011 07:52 AM

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I couldn’t find a more recent one that talks about modifying the login.phtml.

I am running Magento 1.6 and I am trying to add some text to the login form on the checkout page.

I accessed app/design/frontend/default/my-theme/template/checkout/onepage/login.phtml and changed the lines:

<
li><?php echo $this->__('Easy access to your order history and status'?></li>

to:

<
li><?php echo $this->__('Easy access to your downloadable tracks and order status'?></li>
<
li><?php echo $this->__('Benefit from exclusive special offers'?></li>

I changed this text for both instances where it appears in that file.

Overwrote the original file, cleared the cache, no change.

Tried to completely flush the cache, even deleted all contents of the var/cache folder. No change.

Tried accessing the checkout page from a different browser, just in case it was anything to do with browser cache (unlikely, but I was desperate at that point). No change.

Overwrote the same file under app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage, just in case Magento was reading the wrong file. No change.

I am now at a complete loss: where is Magento even getting the old text, from an XML layout file, or a php file inside one of the core code folders?

Help!

Did you ever get this resolved?  I’m now having this same issue.  I updated the login.phtml file a few weeks ago and it worked.  Now I’m trying update it and can’t get the changes to take.  I’ve flushed cache, cache storage, and even cleared cache via ssh, but nothing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

propersite

Total Posts:  1

same problem here- any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

roknrod12

I found my problem - maybe the same thing.  It was the persistent shopping cart.

I was changing the login.phtml file under template/customer/form but the site was pulling the file from template/customer/persistent/customer/form instead.  I finally remembered to use the debug tool to figure this out.  If you don\’t know how to use the debug tool to see your template path hints this blog shows you how to use it - template path hints.

Hopefully this helps other people dealing with this issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Barbalbero

Total Posts:  24

roknrod12 - 08 December 2011 09:40 AM

I found my problem - maybe the same thing.  It was the persistent shopping cart.

I was changing the login.phtml file under template/customer/form but the site was pulling the file from template/customer/persistent/customer/form instead.  I finally remembered to use the debug tool to figure this out.  If you don\’t know how to use the debug tool to see your template path hints this blog shows you how to use it - template path hints.

Hopefully this helps other people dealing with this issue.

Hi all (first message here)!

Thanks for the suggestion, that helped me quite a lot.
Unfortunately i cannot find this persistent folder via FTP… i follow the path shown (which is “frontend\base\default\template\persistent/checkout/onepage/login.phtml") but after template i’m stuck as no persistent folder exists…
I think it could be temporary, but then how can I modify it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

roknrod12

@Barbalbero

Are you sure you are looking in the ‘base’ package folder?  I copied the /persistent/checkout/onepage/login.phtml from the base folder into my custom theme and overrode it that way.  I am thinking that you might be overlooking the /base/ in the path and looking in the default package instead.  If that’s the case then the persistent directory will not exist there unless you have created it.  Good luck with it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fbecker11

Total Posts:  3

I was having the same issue with the login form, I wanted to customize the message and I made all the changes that most of you guys had suggested by I had no success until I tried this out:

It’ actually login.phtml file in this directory: app/design/frontend/base/default/template/persistent/customer/form
Then go ahead and make the appropriate chage.

<h2><?php echo $this->__('New Customers'?></h2>
                    <
p><?php echo $this->__('By creating an account with

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2