Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Template doesn’t show up

backzwang

Total Posts:  4

Hi everybody,

I have a very strange problem in my custom magento-setup. In my Layout-XML-file i have written these lines:

<reserve_product_request>
        <
reference name="content">
            <
block type="bookreserve/test" name="reserveRequest" as="reserveRequest" template="bookreserve/test.phtml" />
        </
reference>
</
reserve_product_request>

This block will not show up. But if I change the block-type to “core/template” it will appear:

<reserve_product_request>
        <
reference name="content">
            <
block type="core/template" name="reserveRequest" as="reserveRequest" template="bookreserve/test.phtml" />
        </
reference>
</
reserve_product_request>

It really makes me wonder because the Test-Block of my module just looks like this:

<?php
class Tandem_Bookreserve_Block_Test extends Mage_Core_Block_Template {

}
?>

I really don’t have any clue why the first XML-Setup doesn’t but the second does.
Has anybody an idea what could be wrong?

Christian

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

backzwang

Total Posts:  4

We have figured out that the custom-module was just disabled in the backend.... :/
Sorry for bothering

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community