Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

THEME ISSUE-My new theme do not reflect at the frontend, magento still loading default theme with default images and CSS files

Lies

Total Posts:  58

Hi,

My own them that I developped is not showing up at the frontend, I did follow all the steps that I found in many forum and still not showing up.

I have created my own theme folder in skin/frontend/default/mytheme with CSS and Images subdirectory, I uploaded all my new CSS files and images files to the appropriate directory.

I did go to Admin system/configuration/design - Under the theme/Skin (Images / CSS), I have entered my new theme directory : “mytheme”

I did also goto Admin/design and I have entered “default/mytheme” as design.

I really dont know what I’m missing, any help will appreciate it.
Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ikuzyk
Magento Team

Total Posts:  60
Ternopil, Ukraine

are you disable cache?
check in Admin > System > Cache management

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lies

Yes Cache is disabled and still not showing up, very frustrating.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lies

I found a solution to resolve 50% of the problem. My probleme now is all the images are loaded from the default them directory and not from my new “images” directory located in my new theme folder.

any help ???

Magento Community
Magento Community

patbrumfield

Total Posts:  20

what was the the 50% solution you found? i am having issues also. the weird thing is that i can get it to work no problem on my local copy of magento, but when i apply it to my online install, it doesn’t work. settings are identical.

help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community