Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Admin Login

willwade

Total Posts:  3

Ok - first up - check that you are logging in using the correct page!
Magnetocommerce has two login areas: 1 for customers and 1 for administrators - this is quite different to most other CMS’
so the admin one is at /admin/ the customer one is at /customer/

hth

w

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dan Orsborne

Total Posts:  72

M, I believe there is an error in the code that adds a new user and then assigns them to the Administrator group.... each time I’ve added a new admin user I’ve not been able to login with the new account without adding a new row manually to the admin_role table.

I can probably give you more details if you need them but were you aware of the problem.

Cheers
Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Dan Orsborne - 18 October 2007 07:17 AM

M, I believe there is an error in the code that adds a new user and then assigns them to the Administrator group.... each time I’ve added a new admin user I’ve not been able to login with the new account without adding a new row manually to the admin_role table.

Hi Dan,

What Magento version do you use ? Could you check the latest one here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/download

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2