Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

BigCartel like table rate shipping??? 

Slugabed

Total Posts:  3

I don’t know if any of you are familiar with BigCartel, but I love their simple shipping settings, however, using the table rates I cant figure out for the life of me on how to possibly do the same settings with magento.

Basically I want this:

United States shipping

4.99 for the first item, then .99 for each additional item

Everywhere else:

12.99 for the first item, then .99 for each additional item

I thought it would be easy to setup,but I was wrong.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

filpt

Total Posts:  13

you can do that with table rates.
I think the best way is connecting directly to the db (table: mage_shipping_tablerate) and with a script calculate all prices for US and * (rest of the world) automatically until 1000 products or more.

It will look something like this:
US 0 package_qty 1.0000 4.9900 0.0000
US 0 package_qty 2.0000 5.9800 0.0000
US 0 package_qty 3.0000 6.9700 0.0000

or just do this in excel and import using csv, choosing the condition # of Items

warning: I’m not taking into consideration performance issues. it’s just a simple solution for your problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

Slugabed

Total Posts:  3

Thanks. I just have to find out where to import it now. Boy I wish magento really used a better shipping system.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community