Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
catalog > Manage Categories blank page error

webmaster14

Total Posts:  3

Hi. I’m having exactly the same problem as Henrika but with version 1.4.1.1

When I select Catalog > Manage Categories or Catalog > Manage Products > Product Name, I repeatedly get a completely blank white screen with no header or footers.

Have done 3 completely fresh reinstalls and still getting same problem.

Any ideas?

henrika - 19 February 2011 03:40 PM

Menu item “Catalog-> manage categories” freezes (becomes completely white and is not used anymore).

I work in Magento ver. 1.5.0.1. and have posted some categories and products into the shop. Store works just fine.

Problem is that when I want to join and add more categories into then screen at the “Catalog - manage categories” all white, and no official category or any of the content elements are shown.

I have 3-4 times deleted Magento shop and database entirely and started again, but I get the same result, namely that I can not Opet or service categories.

I have set permissions to files and folder in my test shop to 777.

I’ve tried to empty the cache and sign out, but it does not help.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

agacini

Total Posts:  1

I am facing the same issue after upgrading to version 1.5.0.1. When I click on categories orange pop-up freezes and admin panel’s header appears on the background.  But also I am getting another errors too:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setProductId() on a non-object in \app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\controllers\Catalog\ProductController.php on line 434

Does anyone find a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

storky

Total Posts:  2

I too am having a similar problem, also on a fresh install. When I click the manage categories tab the “please wait” loading box appears but all that gets loaded into the frame is another copy of the magento admin panel header…

the please wait box never leaves. I cannot see what I have done wrong here? I’m not even sure that this is the exact problem that everyone else is explaining? Any help would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

garletti

Total Posts:  33

any one got it? .... same problem over here too!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

Here is the fix,
http://www.learnmagento.org/magento-tips-tricks/magento-admin-backend-blank-page-error/

Magento Community
Magento Community

garletti

Total Posts:  33

tks QubeSys

Magento Community
Magento Community

panadol007

Total Posts:  2

Not working for me, following the link that you given, will get 500 Internal error, because the script enable all the files and folders to have 777 permission.

I’ve been trying installing, remove and installing and remove for 2 days:S

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nebel54

Total Posts:  4
Vienna

Hi! Just wanted to remark, that this solution fixed my “disappearing-category-edit-form"-problem in magento 1.5.0.1:

It seems to be pretty similiar like vnovaks solution, (the changes are the same, but in another file...)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5308916/add-new-user-error-in-magento-1-5-0-1

Magento Community
Magento Community

robindev

Mukesh Chapagain - 30 January 2011 08:40 AM

vnovak - 17 January 2011 07:58 PM
In file: app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Category/Tab/Product.php, add this class method:

public function getRowUrl($row)
{
return $this->getUrl(’*/*/edit’, array(’page_id’ => $row->getId()));
}

Cheers

Thanks. This solved the error. smile

Hi this is nice solution ..?
Thanks
but In Upgraded Version etc 1.5.x
{
}
why is not add to ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sanjeevkj

Total Posts:  6

The error has been fixed by changing content of core function getRowUrl in app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Block\Widget\Grid.php
The core function is :

public function getRowUrl($item)
{
$res = parent::getRowUrl($item);
return ($res ? $res : ‘#’);
}

Replaced with :

public function getRowUrl($item)
{
return $this->getUrl(’*/*/edit’, array(’id’ => $item->getId()));
}

For more detail :
http://bit.ly/iTKcer

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hubert_grzesiek

Total Posts:  7

Hi there,

I don’t i this will help with your problems, but this is how I solved it.

I was experiencing the same problem with blank Manage Categories. I had this problem on my localhost running MAMP (I am OS X user).  After doing a bit of googling this amazing article helped me with the problem.

I think that this will also apply to the webhosted solutions. For me it was related to the PHP version which was older than 5.2.13.

Hope that this will help anyone.

Kind regards
Hubert

Magento Community
Magento Community

withinmedianl

vnovak - 17 January 2011 07:58 PM

In file: app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Category/Tab/Product.php, add this class method:

{
}

Cheers

Didnt work for me, got an error about a comment that wasnt closed. Changed it to:

return $this->getUrl("*/*/edit", array(’page_id’ => $row->getId()));

Now it works. Thanx a million.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BigDune

Total Posts:  22

The code update suggested above works… even in 1.6.2. However, best practice NOT to modify core code. Here’s a post that outlines how to implement the fix without modifying core code: www.bigdune.net/geek-blog/3-magento/8-magento-admin-blank-list-bug.html

Thanks for the help guys.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oe_eduardo

Total Posts:  29
London

I am having the same problem with the 1.7 but only when i move to another enviourment not in local so probably have to do with permission.

Anyway the Grid.php fix mention erarly in this post work perfectly for me in 1.6 and 1.7 i just create upload the file into my:

app/code/local/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget

cheers,

eduardo

File Attachments
Grid.zip  (File Size: 8KB - Downloads: 140)

Magento Community
Magento Community

tigger32

Hi all,

I’m having the problem with the orange box when I try to Manage Categories. I have tried all the suggestions on this thread but none of them seem to work.  I installed v1.6.2.0 on two different servers and haven’t been able to solve the issue.  I then tired v1.5.1.0 to see if perhaps the bug did not exist in that version but it does. 

Adding the following to file:  app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Category/Tab/Product.php, seems to have worked for some but it made absolutely no change on my installations. 

{
return $this->getUrl("*/*/edit", array(’page_id’ => $row->getId()));
}

I see that some people are disusing a blank page in the Admin Manage Category but my problem is the big orange box. 

If anyone has been able to solve this please fill me in, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3