Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
catalog > Manage Categories blank page error

ricardoporteus

Total Posts:  6

In my admin when i click Catalog > Manage Categories the page returns blank so i cna not access anything to change categories, I am in desperate need of help on this as my deadline is today, does anyone know why this may happen, it worked fine originally then i updated the site which didnt work properly so we ran the back up to return it top a previous version and now we cant access this crucial part of admin.

any ideas???

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

efastnet

Total Posts:  1

I too have the same problem. I have also noticed a few others that have this problem but no one seems to be adding to these issues. I have found one post - Category Screen Blank? - that does have a number of replies, and does include a screen grab showing the problem, but no real pointers as far as fixing this. My instalation is completely new and I found the problem when I first visited the Categories page as part of setting up my magento site.

If anyone has a solution to this problem or can at least give an idea of the direction to go to fix it please give some feedback

Magento Community
Magento Community

Georges@Bitbol

Total Posts:  104
Paris, France

This issue too for me.
In front, I have this error when displayin a category page : http://www.copypastecode.com/8192/

In admin, category and product page are emtpy, ie the main_container div is empty.

Magento Community
Magento Community

divinitystar

Total Posts:  2
USA

Georges@Bitbol - 03 August 2009 01:29 AM

This issue too for me.
In front, I have this error when displayin a category page : http://www.copypastecode.com/8192/

In admin, category and product page are emtpy, ie the main_container div is empty.

I had the same problem after trying to install a theme through Magento Connect.  I was able to solve the problem by changing the file permissions on the js folder to 755 and the js/index.php to 644.

In addition to my categories disappearing, my drop-down menus in the admin area were also not working.  By changing the file permissions, both problems were solved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

walltoolsllc

Total Posts:  146

My file permission were already set to the permissions you suggested above.  However, my problem is in the Manage Customers screen.  Once I try and actually Edit a Customer, I get a blank “main body” section on the page.  So, my header and footer in the admin are there, but all the contents of the Customer is blank.  I can however see the full source code, but the page is showing blank?

Any ideas?  This is another one of those gut-wrenching feelings when after you fix one problem in Magento, two more arise.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Justin Atack

Total Posts:  42
Sydney, Australia

constructaid - 01 September 2009 11:53 AM

My file permission were already set to the permissions you suggested above.  However, my problem is in the Manage Customers screen.  Once I try and actually Edit a Customer, I get a blank “main body” section on the page.  So, my header and footer in the admin are there, but all the contents of the Customer is blank.  I can however see the full source code, but the page is showing blank?

Any ideas?  This is another one of those gut-wrenching feelings when after you fix one problem in Magento, two more arise.

Thanks!

Did you get a fix to this problem? I have installed magento twice, and I have changed the file permissions via SSH/Shell to .php 644 and folders to 755. This doesn’t seem to change anything, I still have the same problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Junaid Q

Total Posts:  4

DID anyone find a solution!!!!!!! Help, i have tried every trick in the book!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mastdesi

has anyone found a solution to this problem. I have this problem after a fresh installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

look4deepak

I am having a similar issue where categories does not get displayed. Does anybody has solution for this yet!

Image Attachments
Screen shot 2010-12-28 at 10.08.00 AM.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Filippo

Total Posts:  5

look4deepak - 28 December 2010 07:10 AM

I am having a similar issue where categories does not get displayed. Does anybody has solution for this yet!

hi friend!

hi have tha same problem, i resolved it unistalling this module:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/ayasoftware/extension/4276/speedup_your_catalog_update_using_our_direct_sql_update_extension/

maybe tou have this module too?

Hi!

Filippo

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mrdeee

Hi,

since yesterday I have the same ORANGE ISSUE ... when I click on “manage categories” this orange box occurs.

Does anybody solved this issue? I didn’t added any new extension to the installation ... please help.

Thank you smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

vnovak

In file: app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Category/Tab/Product.php, add this class method:

public function getRowUrl($row)
{
return $this->getUrl(’*/*/edit’, array(’page_id’ => $row->getId()));
}

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

chapagain

Total Posts:  202

vnovak - 17 January 2011 07:58 PM

In file: app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Category/Tab/Product.php, add this class method:

public function getRowUrl($row)
{
return $this->getUrl(’*/*/edit’, array(’page_id’ => $row->getId()));
}

Cheers

Thanks. This solved the error. :)

Magento Community
Magento Community

henrika

Total Posts:  11

Menu item “Catalog-> manage categories” freezes (becomes completely white and is not used anymore).

I work in Magento ver. 1.5.0.1. and have posted some categories and products into the shop. Store works just fine.

Problem is that when I want to join and add more categories into then screen at the “Catalog - manage categories” all white, and no official category or any of the content elements are shown.

I have 3-4 times deleted Magento shop and database entirely and started again, but I get the same result, namely that I can not Opet or service categories.

I have set permissions to files and folder in my test shop to 777.

I’ve tried to empty the cache and sign out, but it does not help.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community

webmaster14

Total Posts:  3

I am having exactly the issue as Henrika but I am using 1.4.1.1.

Have done a fresh reinstall twice now and the same issue keeps occurring:

Completely blank white screen when I select Catalog > Manage Categories or Catalog > Manage Products > Product Name

I can create new products without issue but if I go back to edit/manage them, all I see is the white screen. And I’m unable to view/edit my categories at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for help!

henrika - 19 February 2011 03:40 PM

Menu item “Catalog-> manage categories” freezes (becomes completely white and is not used anymore).

I work in Magento ver. 1.5.0.1. and have posted some categories and products into the shop. Store works just fine.

Problem is that when I want to join and add more categories into then screen at the “Catalog - manage categories” all white, and no official category or any of the content elements are shown.

I have 3-4 times deleted Magento shop and database entirely and started again, but I get the same result, namely that I can not Opet or service categories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webmaster14

Total Posts:  3

I am having exactly the issue as Henrika but I am using 1.4.1.1.

Have done a fresh reinstall twice now and the same issue keeps occurring:

Completely blank white screen when I select Catalog > Manage Categories or Catalog > Manage Products > Product Name

I can create new products without issue but if I go back to edit/manage them, all I see is the white screen. And I’m unable to view/edit my categories at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for help!

henrika - 19 February 2011 03:40 PM

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3