Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 5 of 5
Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. 

aspradeep88

Total Posts:  1

worldclique - 26 January 2011 12:39 PM

ortiizz - 26 August 2010 11:38 PM
Macsimice - 21 August 2010 05:16 AM
Check the .htaccess file in the images directory. Sometimes the images are uploaded just fine, but the htaccess won’t allow your browser to fetch and display the images.

FINALLY! TYTYTY! .htaccess file in media folder created the problem for me...

OMFG! After banging my head searching and searching the forums for a solution to this I followed the above about the .htaccess file in the media directory. I just used the .htaccess file from my root and now all of my images are displaying!!

hoooooooooorrrrrrraaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!

smoooccchhh

This works great!!!! for me too…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

michealburns1

Total Posts:  8

nathanboli - 02 October 2012 09:59 AM

I had the same error message. Just like #57, I tried all of the .htaccess solutions, checked permissions, did some debugging. I followed the same steps in #57 and problem solved in Magento 1.6

SOLUTION -----> http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/v/viewreply/356912/

Thanks for providing the solution!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

vkpadole

Total Posts:  1

JayK - 03 February 2009 08:56 AM

This problem popped up all of a sudden after no changes have been made to my client’s server or installation.  They are running version 1.1.6.  Upon going to the “Images” menu of any product, this text, “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.” is shown at the top of the page, and won’t allow me to upload any new images.  I’ve found other posts about this with suggestions to modify the php.ini file, verify permissions, etc. but nothing seems to be doing the trick.  Can anyone offer any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hugochhor

Total Posts:  2

The issue was fixed after installing Adobe Flash plugin on my Kubuntu.

Command to install the plugin :

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 5 of 5