Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. 

carroll12

Total Posts:  15

I will pay someone to lend a hand me fix this issue (even though it sounds like a bug to me).  I’ve tried just about everything, as well as attempt to debug the code.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GedByrne

Total Posts:  5

I too was experiencing this issue (using version 1.4.1.1 Community Edition)… I was attempting to upload using both Chrome and Firefox.

I then attempted to upload product images using Internet Explorer and hey presto it works.  Looks like Varien have an issue with the Flash Uploader on platforms other than Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mattclegg

Total Posts:  5

I too was getting the white box with no flash uploader on the image upload screen, and it was sending me crazy. Until I inspected the flash element and noticed that the folder the flash loader was trying to load a file from;

XXX/skin/adminhtml/default/default/media/uploader.swf

but the folder did not exist, so I copied the base folder ie;

cp skin/adminhtml/base skin/adminhtml/default -Rfp

This sorted the problem, and I can now upload files. I would check this first, as it could save you alot of time in reconfiguring php/permissions when the problem can be easily fixed.

---
MattClegg
If this helped you, why not help me?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tokalpeshdp

Total Posts:  69

same on 1.4.2 :(

tried to upload using both Chrome and latest Firefox.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gianmario

Total Posts:  1

the php script is perfect , also use explorer instead than firefox it’s a good suggest, i resolved all my problems in 5 minute . thank you to all !

gianmario

Magento Community
Magento Community

pyrojonc

Total Posts:  33

Similar issue… Able to see upload button.. able to upload and see thumbnail in the product details area… when I save and go back in and look the image is gone and I see “no image”.  On front nothing shows.

I have seen that the image is uploading to the /media/tmp/catalog/products/ directory, but is not copying to the actual catalog dir.  I have gone in and looked at the database and no entry is added for the image that I had tried to upload.

Anyone seen this before?

(dull uploader doesnt make a difference, because the problem is not in uploading, but in processing and saving the file)

EDITED: Problem solved… it seems that in my case, the magic_quotes_gpc setting in the main .htaccess file was set to OFF and needed to be set to ON.

Magento Community
Magento Community

worldclique

Total Posts:  24

ortiizz - 26 August 2010 11:38 PM

Macsimice - 21 August 2010 05:16 AM
Check the .htaccess file in the images directory. Sometimes the images are uploaded just fine, but the htaccess won’t allow your browser to fetch and display the images.

FINALLY! TYTYTY! .htaccess file in media folder created the problem for me...

OMFG! After banging my head searching and searching the forums for a solution to this I followed the above about the .htaccess file in the media directory. I just used the .htaccess file from my root and now all of my images are displaying!!

hoooooooooorrrrrrraaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!

smoooccchhh

Magento Community
Magento Community

IkeyZealous

Total Posts:  17

Yes. Using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome or Firefox is the best solution. It works for me. Still see the silly message about image info but image upload works just fine. Thanks guys

Magento Community
Magento Community

rimamkt

Total Posts:  21

Same here. Could not find a straight forward solution, so I just used IE for now…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sousa
Guru

Total Posts:  348
Porto, Portugal

I solved with this extension:

No Flash Image Uploader

Great!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vexcor Systems

Total Posts:  9
Czech Republic

We had same problem in our eshops, after some server os updates Image Upload and category expand in backend not worked. We tried .htaccess tricks, permissions magic on the media folder, but problem was still here. I found solution for magento 1.4.1.1 and above (1.5 too) somewhere in google:
1. Download prototype 1.6.0.3 (only this version worked in our magento), we tried newest versions but it doesnt work
2. Change old prototype in js/prototype/prototype.js with new one
3. edit app/etc/config.xml and row
<initStatements>SET NAMES utf8</initStatements>
change to:
<initStatements>SET NAMES utf8; SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0; SET UNIQUE_CHECKS=0;</initStatements>

now Image upload and Category tree work like a charm smile

P.S. In attachment is correct prototype.js (1.6.0.3)

File Attachments
prototype.zip  (File Size: 30KB - Downloads: 336)

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentosde

Yes that damned .htaccess file in media folder was screwing the all thing! Now it works well.Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dizmarkie

Total Posts:  19

pyrojonc - 17 January 2011 09:19 PM

Similar issue… Able to see upload button.. able to upload and see thumbnail in the product details area… when I save and go back in and look the image is gone and I see “no image”.  On front nothing shows.

I have seen that the image is uploading to the /media/tmp/catalog/products/ directory, but is not copying to the actual catalog dir.  I have gone in and looked at the database and no entry is added for the image that I had tried to upload.

Anyone seen this before?

(dull uploader doesnt make a difference, because the problem is not in uploading, but in processing and saving the file)

EDITED: Problem solved… it seems that in my case, the magic_quotes_gpc setting in the main .htaccess file was set to OFF and needed to be set to ON.

This fixed for me, so weird, i never had this issue before and have heard no complaints from any of my clients on the same hosting setups. Just happened to me when I moved my site from my local to a development remote server. Thanks for this!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageAction

Total Posts:  89
France

I had the same issue with firefox: “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. “

solved using Chrome

Magento Community
Magento Community

nathanboli

I had the same error message. Just like #57, I tried all of the .htaccess solutions, checked permissions, did some debugging. I followed the same steps in #57 and problem solved in Magento 1.6

SOLUTION -----> http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/v/viewreply/356912/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community