Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. 

ultimatet

Total Posts:  10

fyodor - 25 February 2010 06:38 AM

updating to 1.4.0.1 has fixed it for me

I am running 1.4.0.1 but still cannot upload product images. What is your previous problem? Cannot upload image or missing image on frontend only? My problem is, it cannot upload images to the server at all :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ultimatet

Anyone got solution to this problem? I have used all the methods as recommended in the forum but still cannot upload images!

Magento Community
Magento Community

switchjohnny

Total Posts:  41

I fixed this by putting the old version of the flex.js file back on the server

/js/lib/flex.js

If you did the 1.4 update, put the 1.3.x flex.js back on and it’ll work. I don’t know if this messes anything else up, but so far so good.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ultimatet

Thanks but this miracle did not happen to me :(

I still cannot upload images to the server, after click browse files, selected pictures and upload files, it show only a red button of remove files only. After that it will be redirected back to the login page.
When i check the FTP, there is no files uploaded to the media folder. Is there anyone else with the same problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

stolinski

Total Posts:  14
Ann Arbor

ultimatet - 01 March 2010 06:10 PM

Thanks but this miracle did not happen to me :(

I still cannot upload images to the server, after click browse files, selected pictures and upload files, it show only a red button of remove files only. After that it will be redirected back to the login page.
When i check the FTP, there is no files uploaded to the media folder. Is there anyone else with the same problem?

exactly 100% same issue that i’m having. I wish there was some official solution to this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DREAMAKERS

Total Posts:  7

Same for me. Red button and back to login page…

Magento Community
Magento Community

TSwanson

Total Posts:  16

Did anyone solve this issue?  I am having the same issue - beginning of Feb everything worked fine.  Then it doesn’t.  Nothing was changed on my end.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DREAMAKERS

Nop, must install 1.3.4.2 for me…

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshpennington

Total Posts:  54
Benton Harbor, MI

I was having the same problem and then I found this extension and it worked for me.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Tobias+Renger/extension/1756/no-flash-uploader

It basically replaces the flash uploader with a no frills basic form upload.  The compatibility says 1.3 but it worked fine for me on 1.4.

Magento Community
Magento Community

strategy

Total Posts:  6

yes.. the extension “magento-community/Dull_Uploader” worked for me.. Fogret the flash uploader. Its rubbish

And while i am on a rant.. Magento is more full of bugs that than a bejing noodle bar

Magento Community
Magento Community

rytterqvist

Total Posts:  1

I had the same problem in 1.4.1.0. Tried upgrade Flash Player to 10.1 did not work. Switched to FireFox solved the problem! FireFox also manage to remember which image folder to browse when switching between products!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Macsimice

Check the .htaccess file in the images directory. Sometimes the images are uploaded just fine, but the htaccess won’t allow your browser to fetch and display the images.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ortiizz

Macsimice - 21 August 2010 05:16 AM

Check the .htaccess file in the images directory. Sometimes the images are uploaded just fine, but the htaccess won’t allow your browser to fetch and display the images.

FINALLY! TYTYTY! .htaccess file in media folder created the problem for me…

Magento Community
Magento Community

jlytle

Total Posts:  8

Happens on the magento-1.4.1.1 install too… No image uploading tools are visible on the product images page in the admin. What can you expect from Adobe and Flex anyway :-)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zetamex

Same problem with Magento 1.4.1.1, and the problem was Internet Explorer, I upload with Chrome and no problem

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community