Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 5
Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. 

heelgrinder

Total Posts:  2

izuro - 28 March 2009 06:59 AM

Hi I was having this problem, after uploading images a dialog box would popup with a load of HTML source code in it, then i was prompted to login again and none of the pictures were uploaded..

This Solution worked for me:

JLHC - 08 January 2009 06:14 AM
Try adding a php.ini file in your magento root directory and see whether it works:-
magic_quotes_gpc = off
short_open_tag = on
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

from http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27849/

This absolutely worked for me. Yay! I just placed that info into a text editor, saved it as php.ini, uploaded it to my root folder, refreshed my product page, and voila! Thank you SO MUCH.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joshua4

Total Posts:  43

I’m having this problem but the php.ini file did not help. The “root directory” has index.php in it correct? Or the server root directory?

Magento Community
Magento Community

StudioBurda.com

Total Posts:  3

heelgrinder - 23 July 2009 12:43 PM

izuro - 28 March 2009 06:59 AM
Hi I was having this problem, after uploading images a dialog box would popup with a load of HTML source code in it, then i was prompted to login again and none of the pictures were uploaded..

This Solution worked for me:
JLHC - 08 January 2009 06:14 AM
Try adding a php.ini file in your magento root directory and see whether it works:-
magic_quotes_gpc = off
short_open_tag = on
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

from http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27849/

This absolutely worked for me. Yay! I just placed that info into a text editor, saved it as php.ini, uploaded it to my root folder, refreshed my product page, and voila! Thank you SO MUCH.

That’s it! I was struggling with that problem for long time and finally foun this solution. Just simply create php.ini file with code above and paste it to my Magento installation folder (which isn’t my root folder) and work perfect now! Thanks lads!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rimamkt

Total Posts:  21

This also worked for me. Thank you.!

Magento Community
Magento Community

piquet

Total Posts:  10

I had a similar problem in this area.  Under the a product’s Product Information > images configuration I had been struggling to upload any per-website images to override the placeholders.  The mention of Flex and Flash earlier in this post turned a little light on.  Rather than continue to try and upload the images via Linux:Chrome browser I swapped to Windows:IE and they went straight in. 

It’s a different angle but hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

rune00

Total Posts:  39

I just installed Magento 1.4 on a dev server. With newest Chrome / Safari / Firefox on OSX Snow Leopard I’m not able to even see the upload / browse buttons for product images. I went through all fixes and also updated my Flash player on Snow Leopard, but without luck.

With Windows / IE I’m able to upload images successfully.

With Magento 1.3.2.1 and Chrome / Safari / Firefox I’m able to upload images successfully as well.

Seems theres some incompatibility with Magento 1.4 and Snow Leopard?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nick Sloan

Total Posts:  19

rune00

did you check out this thread?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/76779/#t212807

Magento Community
Magento Community

iksnyrk

Total Posts:  2

I had the same problem.

The problem and solution for me was very simple.

Just make sure that when you’re uploading/editing images to chose a a store view in the top left corner. That should do it!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hikerguy1900

Total Posts:  4

Here is another data point.

I’m using

MacOS X 10.5.8
Flash: MAC 10,0,45,2
FireFox: 3.6
Magento 1.4.0.1

And I don’t see any upload buttons. For the same setup if I use Safari 4.0.4 everything seems to work fine.

Eric

Magento Community
Magento Community

FrankTheDog

Total Posts:  25

Mine too ... Magento 1.4.0.0 + Mac

Exact same problem ..

Magento Community
Magento Community

grunghi

Total Posts:  3

Similar problem here, the upload process seems to be all right, the images are on the server in correct folders and links are also ok, but images are not showing anywhere, i tried everithing- magic quotes on, php.ini, setting permissions to 777, double-checked everithing… The previous version was allright but 1.4.0.1 messed it up… its strange that the image placeholder isnt showing also… I get the “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.” message in product info -> images ... This is sooo annoying, i have almost gone crazy ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Okizoo

Total Posts:  34
Bangkok, Thailand

I am not sure what the issue is. Going through this thread and re-checking myself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ultimatet

Total Posts:  10

Yes, this problem just occur to me when I install the new 1.4.0.1 from 1.3, only the product’s images cannot be uploaded. I can upload the category image easily with the normal upload button but not this flash button.

Is it because of the Flash file? I hope that there is another way to upload image!

Magento Community
Magento Community

AlexisU

Total Posts:  50

me too on 1.4.0.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

AlexisU

Total Posts:  50

updating to 1.4.0.1 has fixed it for me