Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 5
Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. 

JayK

Total Posts:  8

This problem popped up all of a sudden after no changes have been made to my client’s server or installation.  They are running version 1.1.6.  Upon going to the “Images” menu of any product, this text, “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.” is shown at the top of the page, and won’t allow me to upload any new images.  I’ve found other posts about this with suggestions to modify the php.ini file, verify permissions, etc. but nothing seems to be doing the trick.  Can anyone offer any help?

Image Attachments
Picture 2.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BusterGuy

Total Posts:  1

Im also having the same issue...just noticed it today and nothing has changed about my server configuration or magento configuration....does anyone have any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JayK

I will pay someone to help me fix this issue (even though it sounds like a bug to me).  I’ve tried just about everything, including attempting to debug the code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JayK

*bump* This is rather urgent as my client can no longer add images.  I’ve tried just about everything to debug this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sysk

Total Posts:  56

same problem here… any solution yet ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tempus fugit

Total Posts:  20
UK

Have you tried different PCs, browsers, versions of Flash?

When you say you cannot upload images, what actually happens? i.e. does it act as if your images are uploaded, but actually they are not?

I saw these symptoms during a recent upgrade. I could browse to the files and they would appear to upload just fine, the thumb nails appeared when I rolled over them, but once I clicked save they were not kept. When I returned to the Product Image page the titles that I had entered for the images were still there, but not the actual images.

The problem was due to the permissions settings on the media folder; media and all sub folders need to be set at 777.
NB the Cache Management, Images Cache clear also does not work until media permissions are set to 777.

Magento Community
Magento Community

resonance

Total Posts:  62

Same problem here. I have existing images on the site. When I delete them, they don’t fully disappear, even when adding another one. I can successfully add new images without problem, other than these old image ghosts are hanging about.

I’m noticing in the database table catalog_product_entity_varchar that there are currently two entries for all my product images. The two will be identical except for the store_id - one will be id 0, and the other 1. When I delete an existing image through the admin it only deletes the image for store_id=0, leaving the entry for store_id=1 in the table, but not showing in admin. The front end pulls this image up apparently and dipslays it. I think I could fix it by deleting all the images from store_id 1 from this table, but I am afraid to do so since the store IDs are 0=admin, and 1=my store.

What the hell is going on here??

UPDATE: I deleted all the store_id=1 entries from catalog_product_entity_varchar, and the world has not ended. The trouble seems to be fixed, where I can now delete and add new images, but the message “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. “ still appears on every image page. Maybe my db is corrupt? Maybe something is not slinging the right store_ids around in the later versions of magento here? Confused.

Magento Community
Magento Community

resonance

Total Posts:  62

Hey this seems very much like it might be related: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/24611/P15/

Magento Community
Magento Community

zoola

Total Posts:  6

im having the same problem, anyone know when the new release is coming out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Johno_d

Total Posts:  9

Hi Everybody,
I’m having this problem as well. But 6 month later. Anybody knows how it can be fixed?

Thanks all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JayK

I finally tracked this issue down to this version of Magento being incompatible with the latest version of Adobe Flash.  Apparently Magento uses Flash for the image upload feature.  There are several workarounds that you can find on these boards.  The most obvious solution was to upgrade Magento to the latest version, however, that wasn’t really an option for me as an upgrade would have overwrote way too many custom changes to the code.  I decided to just have the client downgrade their version of Flash and all is well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Johno_d

Total Posts:  9

Yes I got it to work yesterday.

It uses Flex for the uploads. And of course the old magento version I was using only worked with flash 9 (because of the security changes in flash 10).
So I updated magento. And although I had flash 10 installed, it still didn’t work. That’s when I posted the former message.

I actually didn’t check which version of Flash 10 was installed, I suspect it was one of the earlier versions from 2008. I then downloaded the latest version from the Flash site which fixed it.

So apparently, the latest version of flash 10 is required as well. Earlier flash 10 versions don’t seem to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

izuro

Total Posts:  10

Hi I was having this problem, after uploading images a dialog box would popup with a load of HTML source code in it, then i was prompted to login again and none of the pictures were uploaded..

This Solution worked for me:

JLHC - 08 January 2009 06:14 AM

Try adding a php.ini file in your magento root directory and see whether it works:-

magic_quotes_gpc = off
short_open_tag = on
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

from http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27849/

Magento Community
Magento Community

larrpan

Total Posts:  17

MAKE SURE THE FLAH FILES “swf” from the skin / adminhtml / default/ media are uploaded “BINARY” .... this solved my problem TRY THIS!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ravikumar N B

Total Posts:  213

Hi larrpan

Following files are available in media folder.
editor.swf
flex.swf
uploaderSingle.swf
uploader.swf

Installed latest flash and ini configurations are same in my PC, but still i’m getting same error.

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

cmiller1014

Total Posts:  24

Exact same issue on a brand new 1.3 install. Very frustrating.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 5