Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Password Reset Link not Working

munjalm

Total Posts:  11
Mumbai

Hi,

Specs: Magento CE 1.6.2

I just figured out that when a customer tries to reset his/her password using the forgot password option on the my account page, but on clicking the reset link mailed by magento it gives me an internal server error (500).

Guys please help the store is suppose to go live asap.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hongleong

Total Posts:  2

i am facing the same issue. can anyone help?

when a user click on \"Forgot your password\” link inside the forgot password email, it pop up with \"Server error, The website encountered an error while retrieving .... It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.\”

can anyone help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

praful kamble

Total Posts:  8
Pune

Let magento to show error and paste it over here to get proper answer.

Meanwhile chck for file permission.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bagini

Total Posts:  3

Hi there. did you fix it? I’m facing the same problem.

Thanks !

Magento Community
Magento Community

bagini

Total Posts:  3

Just to let you know, I’ve enabled PHP logs and therefore detected this error:

HP Fatal error: Call to a member function setCustomerId() on a non-object in app/code/core/Mage/Customer/controllers/AccountController.php on line 601

Solution is here:

http://kb.magenting.com/content/21/93/en/magento-call-to-a-member-function-setcustomerid-on-a-non-object-in-mage-customer-controllers-accountcontrollerphp-on-line-587.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

SteveBerrill

Total Posts:  36
Preston

Just to let people know who this fix did not work for. I had an extension that created another file called mageb2bextensionscustomer.xml in layout folder so I added the extra code in there before </layout> and fixed it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community