Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 5 of 5
Another Google Base issue - Price vs Sales Price

track-23

Total Posts:  33

That worked perfectly for me to use the Special Price for Google Base instead of the Regular Price.

Thanks, mgarratt and benh777!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kajankow

Total Posts:  3

So is what benh777 posted the fix for all Magento versions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

r2rsquared

Total Posts:  30
Lake Oswego, OR

Has anyone successfully used this code in Magento 1.5.1.0?

After I do the following:
1. Delete all items from Google Base “Manage Items”.
2. Map Manage Attribute “Condition” to “condition”. No other attribute mapping is necessary in 1.5.
2. Clear Magento cache.
3. Add code to app/code/local/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php (I assume that the code is pasted at the end of the core code and the updated file placed in this local folder.)
4. Clear Magento cache.

Then I go to “Manage Items”, the following error message is displayed on the “Manage Items” menu:

Parse errorsyntax errorunexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRINGexpecting T_STRING in /home/user/mysite.com/app/code/local/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php on line 332

Perhaps, my Item.php file is not complete.  My Item.php file is attached.
Would someone mind sharing their Item.php file for Magento 1.5.1.0?

File Attachments
Item.php  (File Size: 15KB - Downloads: 163)

Magento Community
Magento Community

English87

Total Posts:  80

Thank you mgarratt and benh777 for sharing your code, seems to be working perfectly for me on Magento 1.5.1.0.

@r2rsquared Your code has included some backslashes that this forum sometimes adds to published code. I’ve attached my Item.php that is working for me, try this one instead.

File Attachments
Item.php  (File Size: 15KB - Downloads: 177)

Magento Community
Magento Community

r2rsquared

Total Posts:  30
Lake Oswego, OR

@English87
Your Item.php file works perfectly for me in Magento 1.5.1.0. 

Thank you for sharing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

English87

Total Posts:  80

r2rsquared - 20 June 2011 07:08 AM

@English87
Your Item.php file works perfectly for me in Magento 1.5.1.0. 

Thank you for sharing!

You’re welcome smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikelin

Total Posts:  1

did anybody fix it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mariyar

Total Posts:  11

There no mapping” and this will create new attribute Special Price (or how do you call it) in your Google Base Item. ......

Magento Community
Magento Community

fancyfiber

Total Posts:  27

Just completed a very flexible module for Magento version 1.6 (may work on previous versions, but is untested at this time) that will create an XML file to be submitted to Google Merchant Center that will be compatible with the changes on Sept. 22nd. It has reporting to check products before they are added to your feed. It uses a JavaScript taxonomy checker to get the Google Product Category for your product (no more cut and paste from Google to your product and create a custom attribute). It allow for custom mapping for certain attributes. It accounts for up to 10 additional images per product (per Google specification). Uses Magento Cron to schedule file generation.

Check out the user guide at: http://fancyfiber.com/studios/products/en/buy/google_merchant_center_feed_user_guide

Buy it for $20 at:  http://fancyfiber.com/studios/products/en/buy/magento-modules/google-merchant-center-feed.html

Features at a glance:
JavaScript selector for Google Product Taxonomy (required by Google as of Sept 22, 2011)
Automatic selection of store category for inclusion in file
Automatic inclusion of special price and dates
Ability to create custom attribute mapping to your product attributes
Cron scheduled creation of XML file
Works with multiple stores
Select products by attribute set and ability to exclude specific products
Reports to verify the majority of the most common errors with Feed files (include troublesome apparel products)
Able to override most attributes sent to Google so they don’t have to match store values exactly (I use this to fix long store titles)
Support for configurable products - item group id sent for the configurable parent.
Separate feed files per store - can disable feeds per store view
And more…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 5 of 5