Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Another Google Base issue - Price vs Sales Price

imacache

Total Posts:  35
Durango, CO

There is no such thing as a “special price” attribute in magento.  Did Dr. Frankenstein solve anything for anyone?  I have “minimal price” mapped to Google’s “price” attribute, using 1.3.2.4, and there is no update on price.  We are using catalog price rules for M.A.P. changes (this product line can now be sold 25% below original MAP.  This is HUGE if I want to sell ski equipment along side the big boys like evogear.com and backcountry.com, as they seem to lag at updating they’re MAPs.  If magento figured this one damned feature out, they would have a lot more developers because alot more small businesses using magento would have more sales which means more money to spend which means more developers getting paid for solutions like this one.  Come on… please magento devs, lets hammer this thing out.

http://www.skibarndurango.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dr_Frankenstein

Total Posts:  15

Are you sure you haven’t skipped passed it or have turned off special price as its a default attribute that is available from install?

Image Attachments
Capture.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

imacache

Durango, CO

My apologies, its front end label is “our price”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imacache

Durango, CO

Still though, no dice.  I’ve bashed my brains into a brick wall over this one for quite some time… Apparently the programmers at Varien aren’t knowledgeable in e-commerce business practices like changing your prices temporarily for a sale and wanting those price changes reflected in your product feed to google that organically drives 78% of your sales.

Magento Community
Magento Community

daddyg

Total Posts:  77

I feel your pain imacache.  I’m in exactly the same boat. 

Thanks for your previous answers Dr_Frankenstein.  I think I’ve followed your tips for getting special prices showing in google base but still no dice.  For instance if you type:

hatley raincoat farmer jill

into google.co.uk you’ll most likely see us listed for the farmer jill raincoat as the first of the google base listings.  But 21.95 is our normal price, it should be showing £18.95 ...
http://welliesandworms.co.uk/hatley-raincoat-farmer-jill.html

Here’s a screenshot of my product attributes for the relevant attribute set:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1853455/special-price-bug.png

I thought it might be because it’s a configurable product but simple products are also displayed in google at the regular price rather than the special one. 

If you have any ideas I’d really appreciate it.

imacache - 09 February 2010 05:15 AM

Still though, no dice.  I’ve bashed my brains into a brick wall over this one for quite some time… Apparently the programmers at Varien aren’t knowledgeable in e-commerce business practices like changing your prices temporarily for a sale and wanting those price changes reflected in your product feed to google that organically drives 78% of your sales.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mellow

Total Posts:  13

@Dr_Frankenstein: At my Magento Installation its alos not working (your fix).
Is it correct, i have to change only the Attribute match to:

Special Price -> Price

and then its working?

I have deleted all Products and published 3 Products for testing.

At all 3 Products i saw the Normal Price, not the Special Price. And yes, i have a default installation and nothing changed at the attributes (only add condition) wink

Thanks for you help

M.

Magento Community
Magento Community

citrus3000psi

Total Posts:  10

I fixed this problem by commenting this line out

“$this->_setAttributePrice(false, $object->getPrice());”
inside of function
“protected function _setUniversalData()”

in file

app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php

Make sure to have some price attribute pointed to a google base price attribute in your mappings.  It doesn’t have to be special price attribute.

This is an all or none fix, so you must have the price attribute filled in every single product you want to upload otherwise errors will occur.
I know I shouldn’t modify the core code directly because of updates. I’m just lazy for the time being.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Yea i’m still having trouble trying to get the special price to show up in Google Base. Nothing seems to work in this thread.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imacache

Durango, CO

citrus3000psi - 17 February 2010 06:14 AM

I fixed this problem by commenting this line out

“$this->_setAttributePrice(false, $object->getPrice());”
inside of function
“protected function _setUniversalData()”

in file

app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php

Make sure to have some price attribute pointed to a google base price attribute in your mappings.  It doesn’t have to be special price attribute.

This is an all or none fix, so you must have the price attribute filled in every single product you want to upload otherwise errors will occur.
I know I shouldn’t modify the core code directly because of updates. I’m just lazy for the time being.

FYI this is referring to line 283.  How do we change this line of code so the universal attribute mapper looks for the minimum price attribute instead of the just the regular price attribute?  It can’t be that hard…

Magento Community
Magento Community

REM SALES LTD

Total Posts:  1

For those who want Special Price to show up in Google Base rather than Price, this change solved the issue for us:

In app/code/core/mage/googlebase/block/adminhtml/items/item.php

Change this:

$this->_setAttributePrice(false$object->getPrice());

To this:

$this->_setAttributePrice(false$object->getSpecialPrice());

We have the “Minimal Price” attribute mapped to the “Price” google base attribute.

We’re on Magento 1.3.2.4

Hopefully that helps someone out…

- REM SALES LTD
www.remsalesltd.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Spranks

Total Posts:  99
Frankfurt am Main

I guess you mean app/code/core/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php…

Maybe it is better to write something like that:

if ($object->getSpecialPrice() != 0)

$this->_setAttributePrice(false$object->getSpecialPrice());
        else

$this->_setAttributePrice(false$object->getPrice());

Cheers,
Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community

djoo222

Total Posts:  6

You can create Special Price as a “Custom Attribute, no mapping” and this will create new attribute Special Price (or how do you call it) in your Google Base Item.

Magento Community
Magento Community

djoo222

Total Posts:  6

i absolutely agree with zadpro. i am having the exact same issues, and have had them ongoing since turbo1’s commissioned google base feed… which im still using due to the admin/admin bug in magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lukewd

Total Posts:  29

i got this to work as it should, however there are a couple of things to note.

i’m using magento 1.4.0.1 out the box. basically i setup google base, and set the mapping of Special Price (in magento) to Price (in base).  this worked for products i tested it on, that had a specific special price set in the product itself.

it does not work for products that have a special price set using promotions and price rules, unfortunately.

i really need this to work based on getting the price after the price rule has been applied, as i do not manually set a special price for each individual product. anyone got any idea how to make this work?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ibmjango

Total Posts:  2

Dont know too much but I think you can use face price as custom arribute.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community